British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Immigration change (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/immigration-change-901071/)

Steve_ Aug 2nd 2017 11:28 pm

Re: Immigration change

Originally Posted by albanks2542 (Post 12307971)
They should get rid of the diversity lottery. You shouldn't be able to win a life in another country in a lottery draw. And they should axe the family based visas. They are a joke. Aren't their people been waiting 20 years to get their family visas. I am surprised Trump isn't proposing polygraphing for marriage fraud and repealing immigration through same sex marriage to be prevent sham marriage on the part of females.

This Bill would massively cut the number of visas, so it would make the wait effectively infinite.

Nutmegger Aug 2nd 2017 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by albanks2542 (Post 12308069)
I can't see them accusing gays of lying without going after straight people in the same vein. I am sure it has happened and with trumps attitudes to women I am surprised he hasn't said something. Maybe going after the gays would be step to far for Trump and he knows it.

You are totally missing the point .....

Owen778 Aug 2nd 2017 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12308043)
:rofl:

do you think he's noticed?

I've been assuming that he's that sort of businessman who thinks civil war among his underlyings is just a sign of healthy competition, but I suppose one alternative is that he ignores everything except his twitter account, golf, and practicing awkward handshakes, while the alt-right and Republican establishment fight over who is best able to hide this fact from the electorate.

Pollyana Aug 3rd 2017 12:52 am

Originally Posted by albanks2542 (Post 12308060)
To other men to get a man into the country? I don't see two guys pronouncing themselves chuck and larry somehow do you?.

Why not? Why should it only be women? WHy not males? Why not straight couples?

You really do spout some rubbish at times :lol::sneaky:

Weeze Aug 3rd 2017 2:21 am

Popped on to see what's been happening on BE. Saw the new guys posts. :whistle:

albanks2542 Aug 3rd 2017 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ (Post 12308077)
This Bill would massively cut the number of visas, so it would make the wait effectively infinite.

If they axe the family based visas would all the applications not be moot at that point because persons would no longer be eligible?

albanks2542 Aug 3rd 2017 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12308105)
Why not? Why should it only be women? WHy not males? Why not straight couples?

You really do spout some rubbish at times :lol::sneaky:

None of my sons male friends from his time in new york including one who emails him 5 times a day even after ten years would never have entertained the prospect of marrying him to keep him in the country.

Pollyana Aug 3rd 2017 11:02 am

Originally Posted by albanks2542 (Post 12308328)
None of my sons male friends from his time in new york including one who emails him 5 times a day even after ten years would never have entertained the prospect of marrying him to keep him in the country.

That's a shame, guess he's just not cute enough :lol:

tom169 Aug 3rd 2017 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12308373)

Probably scared off by the father in law.

moneypenny20 Aug 3rd 2017 11:46 am

Originally Posted by albanks2542 (Post 12308328)

That's one of the weirdest statements I've seen on BE and I've been around for a long long long time!

albanks2542 Aug 3rd 2017 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12308373)

He would no longer be my son now if he did.

moneypenny20 Aug 3rd 2017 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by albanks2542 (Post 12308415)

You're either joking or a completely vile human being.

Pollyana Aug 3rd 2017 12:06 pm

That's such a sad statement. I had forgotten some parents still think in that ridiciulous way.

ian-mstm Aug 3rd 2017 12:25 pm

You sir, are a waste of skin. When you were born, the doctor should have slapped your mum!

Ian

albanks2542 Aug 3rd 2017 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12308423)
That's such a sad statement. I had forgotten some parents still think in that ridiciulous way.

Not wishing for my son to abuse the sacrament of marriage to live in another country and pretend to be gay in the process?

So you would be ok with your son pretending to be gay when he is really straight and entering into a sham marriage with a straight english guy in order to live in London? You could reconcile the abuse of holy matrimony with Christian/Catholic values. Not to mention the laughing stock your son and family would be if it ever came out what he had done and why he had done it.