Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm a wimp. Homesick

Wikiposts

I'm a wimp. Homesick

Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm a wimp. Homesick

Originally Posted by Ray
do you mean your public profile ....
Yes pubic profile. Ooops typo.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frodsham
Yep, it was very romantic, she not your typical American either, she would rather live in England & she loves my accent.
And that's not typical??? She'll change her mind once she lives in the UK. She'll discover it's not all BBC type England with afternoon tea and all...
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
And that's not typical??? She'll change her mind once she lives in the UK. She'll discover it's not all BBC type England with afternoon tea and all...

How do you know she's not lived in the UK?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:09 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Who would want that anyway...
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Most of us that have married Yank's that have lived in England are only to happy to go back as is mine
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: I'm a wimp. Homesick

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
How do you know she's not lived in the UK?
Well. If the wifey would prefer to live in the UK and the OP is unhappy in the US, why in the world are they living in the US? A move to the UK is probably in order then both partners would be happy.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes pubic profile. Ooops typo.
I though turning off the display count did ..
but apparently not now ...
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:14 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

It's not??? Holy Cow!! When the hell did it all change from being exactly like Last of the Summer Wine or The Darling Buds of May???
Next you'll be telling me life in America isn't like The Waltons or Little House on The Prairie!!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:15 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well. If the wifey would prefer to live in the UK and the OP is unhappy in the US, why in the world are they living in the US? A move to the UK is probably in order then both partners would be happy.

Maybe USC has children from a previous relationship?

Maybe the USC's work skills are not transferable?

Maybe one of them is still in education?

Maybe they have children who do not want to move or are at an age/stage of their educaiton where a move owuld be difficult?

There are tons of reasons why people stay even though they'd like to move...
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:17 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by Sarah
I...life in America isn't like The Waltons or Little House on The Prairie!!
Gosh yes, I was gutted when I moved here and found out!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sarah
It's not??? Holy Cow!! When the hell did it all change from being exactly like Last of the Summer Wine or The Darling Buds of May???
Next you'll be telling me life in America isn't like The Waltons or Little House on The Prairie!!
I wouldn't know. I've never watched the Waltons or Little House on the Prairie. I did watch TJ Hooker in the 80s though!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:22 am
Banned

frodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to all

cos of the job situation, she got very good job , so stuck here
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:22 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frodsham
I still got my student loan. Just keep getting it deferred, written off in 5 yrs, so I'll never pay it off. Not fair to get wife to pay it.

don't agree with that one bit...
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:25 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

my usc lived for 18 yrs in the uk and loved it and we'll go back for sure one of these days
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:26 am
Banned

frodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to allfrodsham is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TruBrit
don't agree with that one bit...
sorry, but blame the system, not me. I dont work, no money of my own, so rules say I dont have to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.