Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Illegal Brits...?

Illegal Brits...?

Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:12 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by manc1976
We don't advocate posters of any illegal operations with regards the INS.
Most of us have spent upwards of thousands of dollars to be here. We're not interested in your story.

do you still shit yourself everytime there's a knock at the door btw?

Manc speaks the truth
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:56 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Oggie Oi!
Plus, it is not at all wise. ICE occassionally monitors this forum.

Hello Agent K.

what/who is ice?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by BritGuyTN
what/who is ice?
ICE is Immigration and Customs Enforcement. They gather intelligence for DHS, as well as investigate, detain, and deport immigration violators. They have a frightening amount of power because they also work under the guise of counter-terrorism.

It is foolish to post anything about illegal entry because they can track you by the IP address. ICE takes notice of Brits because of the large number of Muslims who hold UK passports.

It is also not advisable to send e-mails or make phone calls to the UK from the US that contain any revealing information. The NSA can monitor these communicaitons without a warrent. I am not sure where the host of this site is located, but if it is at all routed through another country (i.e. Canada), your PMs on this forum can be read as well.

I know - it sounds like scary Big Brother stuff, but it really does not affect 95% of the people on this forum.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbj1000
...kind of like the Customs officer in England back when I was a student who, after turning all my bags inside out and finding nothing of any interest, gave a theatrical nervous glance around, leaned very close and, in his best conspiratorial whisper said "...but you do... you know... do drugs, don't you? You know... any kind of drugs...".

To which, according to his training manual, I guess I was supposed to reply "Why yes, officer! Now you come to mention it, I am a habitual drug user, but I'm afraid today you've just failed to find my 500kg of smack that I hid inside a toothpaste tube! I'm terribly sorry to have let you waste all that time dumping my dirty laundry on the inspection room floor and threatening me with a body cavity search. It won't happen again. Now, I'll put my hands out, and you cuff 'em".

Oh brother, that so made my day!!!!!! Sometimes I always get a good laugh when I read these posts. Thanks, its bloody hot here and I'm melting. At least reading this took my mind off of the heat.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

ICE is Immigration and Customs Enforcement. They gather intelligence for DHS, as well as investigate, detain, and deport immigration violators. They have a frightening amount of power because they also work under the guise of counter-terrorism.

It is foolish to post anything about illegal entry because they can track you by the IP address. ICE takes notice of Brits because of the large number of Muslims who hold UK passports.

It is also not advisable to send e-mails or make phone calls to the UK from the US that contain any revealing information. The NSA can monitor these communicaitons without a warrent. I am not sure where the host of this site is located, but if it is at all routed through another country (i.e. Canada), your PMs on this forum can be read as well.

I know - it sounds like scary Big Brother stuff, but it really does not affect 95% of the people on this forum.
Menwith or Menworth Hill in north yorkshire is where they do it too... it is (or was) the worlds largest spy base and it belongs to the US.

Ash
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
Menwith or Menworth Hill in north yorkshire is where they do it too... it is (or was) the worlds largest spy base and it belongs to the US.

Ash
True. The NSA and the activities at Menwith are actually bit more shadowy than ICE, but all the organizations do a lot more information sharing these days, particularly when it comes to foreign nationals entering and exiting the US.

ICE now has 20,000 agents running about, and those buggers are absolutely obssessed with deporting non-citizens. The people who get really screwed are the Palestinians because Israel will not take them back, so they have to stay in jail.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

True. The NSA and the activities at Menwith are actually bit more shadowy than ICE, but all the organizations do a lot more information sharing these days, particularly when it comes to foreign nationals entering and exiting the US.

ICE now has 20,000 agents running about, and those buggers are absolutely obssessed with deporting non-citizens. The people who get really screwed are the Palestinians because Israel will not take them back, so they have to stay in jail.

How do you know all this? Just a thought but normal people are not usually aware of stuff like this? Are you James Bond?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mattbutt
How do you know all this? Just a thought but normal people are not usually aware of stuff like this? Are you James Bond?
Bond? Wow, I wish my job was that glamourous (although I am on TV a few times a month) and I was that suave, charming, and good looking.

Nope, I simply consult members of Congress on immigration policy, so I deal with this stuff everyday.

Incidently - if immigration is a the dominant issue of anyone who can vote in the US, you must choose Bush over Kerry. I know, I know - it seems barmey at first, but only a Republican can bring reform to the immigration system.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

The NSA and the activities at Menwith are actually bit more shadowy
I was told by a government IT guy that you can test this by sending two email to yourself in quick succession. one containing hello and one containing a certain president or prime minister and mentioning things that go bang. There is supposed to be a delivery delay on the latter as it does the rounds thru various agencies. Haven't tested the theory!!!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by owen
I was told by a government IT guy that you can test this by sending two email to yourself in quick succession. one containing hello and one containing a certain president or prime minister and mentioning things that go bang. There is supposed to be a delivery delay on the latter as it does the rounds thru various agencies. Haven't tested the theory!!!
Hmm...possibly true. Most emails are monitored electronically by programs that look for keywords, so anything suspicious might get redflagged for an immediate closer inspection to ensure that it is not signaling a coordinated attack.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:22 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

So which brave CPR or visa holder here would like to give it a go?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:30 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

seems barmey at first, but only a Republican can bring reform to the immigration system.
can...but would he actually do it?

Bush is surely far too busy being a war president to get involved in poxy immigration.

CC
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ash UK/US

Ash
Hey I lived near there, 5 miles away. Weird huge golf ball thingys. Anyway, not a popular place!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

That is incorrect .The Carnivore system does not work like that..in fact its quite old technology now....The new (VoIP) may be more of interest...But the NSA clipper chip is really the interesting one ..
supposedly shelved ..
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Any one remember the Mark Thomas comedy product? One episode was about Menwith Hill and how he found out that it wasn't a no fly zone over it. So he hired a hot air balloon and flew over the top taking pictures and video. I think he even arranged balloon tours over it later on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.