Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Illegal Brits...?

Wikiposts

Illegal Brits...?

Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:19 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
Any one remember the Mark Thomas comedy product?
I loved Mark Thomas. During the embargos of medical supplies in Iraq he was arranging for a gang to go over with packets of asprin. Don't know what happened to the show but it was great.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 1:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
That is incorrect .The Carnivore system does not work like that..in fact its quite old technology now....The new (VoIP) may be more of interest...But the NSA clipper chip is really the interesting one ..
supposedly shelved ..

It just goes to show. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. (Not you personally, Ray, you as in "one".) Harold Wilson always used to go on about how he was being spied on, and everybody kept saying he had become delusional - after he left office, it came out that he had been right all along.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
Any one remember the Mark Thomas comedy product? One episode was about Menwith Hill and how he found out that it wasn't a no fly zone over it. So he hired a hot air balloon and flew over the top
I used to fly a lot over the yorkshire dales for a balloon company and one evening found myself wandering over blubberhouses toward menwith. I landed next to the security fence and sure enough our RAF boys turned up with their cap guns not happy. Didn't land on their ground tho so couldn't do a thing. Wouldn't want to fly over even if I could, with the amount of microwaves put out from that site, I wouldn't want my balls well done! Besides the other side is the approach for Leeds/Bradford airport and a balloon emergency stop isn't so great
Old Jul 30th 2004, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
can...but would he actually do it?

Bush is surely far too busy being a war president to get involved in poxy immigration.

CC
Bush actually proposed an obtainable immigration reform plan, but the Democrats made a dastardly political move and undermined it with their own absolutely ridiculous plan.

The Bush plan - 3 years visas would be available to those who wish to work in the U.S. The visas could be renewable (but not guaranteed) and any holder would be free to pursue permanent status (although there are very few avenues, which was the criticism)

The Democrat plan - anyone who has managed to stay in U.S. illegally for 5 years and worked for at least 3 of those years, gets automatic permanent status.

Which plan had the chance of being passed by Congress? The Bush plan (limited, but sensible) or the Democrat plan that gave amnesty to anyone who successfully evaded authorites?

No way in hell would Congress ever pass the Democrat plan, and the Democrats knew it. The Dems just did not want Bush to win any points with the Hispanic community, so they promised the moon knowing that they would not have to deliver.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 2:56 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
I loved Mark Thomas. During the embargos of medical supplies in Iraq he was arranging for a gang to go over with packets of asprin. Don't know what happened to the show but it was great.
I think he's mainly touring now with his stand up show. You can read more on his site:

The Mark Thomas Comedy Product
Old Jul 30th 2004, 5:19 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

:lecture: I'm a personal friend of Mark Thomas and normally stay with his family when visiting Stockport.

Well, OK it's not the Mark Thomas, but the rest is true.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 7:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
:lecture: I'm a personal friend of Mark Thomas and normally stay with his family when visiting Stockport.
Well, OK it's not the Mark Thomas, but the rest is true.
I have shaken hands with John Thomas on occasions.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:22 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
I have shaken hands with John Thomas on occasions.
Well aren't you clever, I shake my john thomas everyday but he doesn't have hands.....what did you use....miracle grow?