British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Illegal Brits...? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/illegal-brits-244794/)

MissingMO Jul 28th 2004 9:54 am

Illegal Brits...?

Does anyone have any friends, or friends-of-a-friend who are in the U.S. without being inspected at a P.O.E.? Not V.W.P. over-stayers, just various characters who somehow made it in (probably from Canada). Any good stories?

MM

ScousePete Jul 28th 2004 10:43 am

Re: Illegal Brits...?

Originally posted by MissingMO
Does anyone have any friends, or friends-of-a-friend who are in the U.S. without being inspected at a P.O.E.? Not V.W.P. over-stayers, just various characters who somehow made it in (probably from Canada). Any good stories?

MM
And where can you be contacted, officer?

:rolleyes:

ducatiandy Jul 28th 2004 11:35 am

MM

I have hundreds of them well the first is:

Mr O Bin Laden x 154
Mr S Husaen x 243
Mr G Bush x 2 (no one wants to be them, for some reason)
etc etc

wanna know what they did to gain entry.

Manc Jul 28th 2004 12:49 pm

Is there a reward for grassing said illegal countrymen?

dbj1000 Jul 28th 2004 12:54 pm

Yeah, my best mate Andy slipped in across the border a few years back, and is now working in LA as a... D'oh!

You got me, officer! Boy, the immigration services have got clever!

andy kerry Jul 28th 2004 12:55 pm

MM
youre havin a larff

dbj1000 Jul 28th 2004 12:59 pm

...kind of like the Customs officer in England back when I was a student who, after turning all my bags inside out and finding nothing of any interest, gave a theatrical nervous glance around, leaned very close and, in his best conspiratorial whisper said "...but you do... you know... do drugs, don't you? You know... any kind of drugs...".

To which, according to his training manual, I guess I was supposed to reply "Why yes, officer! Now you come to mention it, I am a habitual drug user, but I'm afraid today you've just failed to find my 500kg of smack that I hid inside a toothpaste tube! I'm terribly sorry to have let you waste all that time dumping my dirty laundry on the inspection room floor and threatening me with a body cavity search. It won't happen again. Now, I'll put my hands out, and you cuff 'em".

dbark Jul 28th 2004 1:04 pm

Originally posted by dbj1000
...kind of like the Customs officer in England back when I was a student who, after turning all my bags inside out and finding nothing of any interest, gave a theatrical nervous glance around, leaned very close and, in his best conspiratorial whisper said "...but you do... you know... do drugs, don't you? You know... any kind of drugs...".

To which, according to his training manual, I guess I was supposed to reply "Why yes, officer! Now you come to mention it, I am a habitual drug user, but I'm afraid today you've just failed to find my 500kg of smack that I hid inside a toothpaste tube! I'm terribly sorry to have let you waste all that time dumping my dirty laundry on the inspection room floor and threatening me with a body cavity search. It won't happen again. Now, I'll put my hands out, and you cuff 'em".
I just noticed where you live, dbj - I was in Plano a couple of weeks ago. We ate at a steakhouse/pub where they advertise the coldest beer in Texas! I had Newcastle brown but let it warm up on the table before I drank it! :D

Debbie :)

dbj1000 Jul 28th 2004 1:47 pm

Originally posted by dbark
I just noticed where you live, dbj - I was in Plano a couple of weeks ago. We ate at a steakhouse/pub where they advertise the coldest beer in Texas! I had Newcastle brown but let it warm up on the table before I drank it! :D

And what brought you to Plano?

You missed out, if you were drinking Newcastle Brown, because Texas has some excellent brown and dark ales of its own. Next time try Shiner Bock or, if you like Weissbier, Shiner Hefferweissen.

MissingMO Jul 29th 2004 10:19 am

What?!. NO illegal stories?...how disappointing. Will I be the only one?!!

MissingMO...the good ol' 'Show me state'.

dbark Jul 29th 2004 11:20 am

And what brought you to Plano?

You missed out, if you were drinking Newcastle Brown, because Texas has some excellent brown and dark ales of its own. Next time try Shiner Bock or, if you like Weissbier, Shiner Hefferweissen.
I don't think they were on the menu. It was the usual Becks, Budweiser, etc. at arctic temperatures. I was in Carrollton with husband and kids, visiting hubby's brother & family. That was when I discovered the British Emporium in Grapevine! Have you been there yet?

dbj1000 Jul 29th 2004 12:49 pm

Originally posted by dbark
I don't think they were on the menu. It was the usual Becks, Budweiser, etc. at arctic temperatures. I was in Carrollton with husband and kids, visiting hubby's brother & family. That was when I discovered the British Emporium in Grapevine! Have you been there yet?

Funny, we discovered it for the first time after living here a year just last weekend. I'm glad we had to go through a year without essential items like... Pickled Onion Monster Munch, or we would be totally broke by now with the prices they charge! Great store though, and my kids loved the sweets ("Daddy, what's a sweetie? It looks like candy") :)

Manc Jul 29th 2004 1:10 pm

What?!. NO illegal stories?...how disappointing. Will I be the only one?!!
We don't advocate posters of any illegal operations with regards the INS.
Most of us have spent upwards of thousands of dollars to be here. We're not interested in your story.

do you still shit yourself everytime there's a knock at the door btw?

dbark Jul 29th 2004 1:48 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Funny, we discovered it for the first time after living here a year just last weekend. I'm glad we had to go through a year without essential items like... Pickled Onion Monster Munch, or we would be totally broke by now with the prices they charge! Great store though, and my kids loved the sweets ("Daddy, what's a sweetie? It looks like candy") :)
LOL! My 14-yr-old daughter (who really misses English sweets) picked up a basket and proceeded to fill it brim-full with Cadbury's chocolate, Walkers crisps, chocolate Hob-nobs, etc - hers totalled $65! :scared: My less expensive basket contained such delicacies as Heinz tomato soup, tea bags, pickled onions, crumpets and ... yes, a few Curly Wurlys.

Luckily, we won't be back there for a few months.

Oggie Oi! Jul 29th 2004 2:06 pm

Originally posted by manc1976
We don't advocate posters of any illegal operations with regards the INS.
Most of us have spent upwards of thousands of dollars to be here. We're not interested in your story.

do you still shit yourself everytime there's a knock at the door btw?
Plus, it is not at all wise. ICE occassionally monitors this forum.

Hello Agent K.