Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Illegal Brits...?

Illegal Brits...?

Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:54 am
Just Joined

MissingMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Illegal Brits...?

Does anyone have any friends, or friends-of-a-friend who are in the U.S. without being inspected at a P.O.E.? Not V.W.P. over-stayers, just various characters who somehow made it in (probably from Canada). Any good stories?

MM
Old Jul 28th 2004, 10:43 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal Brits...?

Originally posted by MissingMO
Does anyone have any friends, or friends-of-a-friend who are in the U.S. without being inspected at a P.O.E.? Not V.W.P. over-stayers, just various characters who somehow made it in (probably from Canada). Any good stories?

MM
And where can you be contacted, officer?

Old Jul 28th 2004, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

MM

I have hundreds of them well the first is:

Mr O Bin Laden x 154
Mr S Husaen x 243
Mr G Bush x 2 (no one wants to be them, for some reason)
etc etc

wanna know what they did to gain entry.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a reward for grassing said illegal countrymen?
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:54 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, my best mate Andy slipped in across the border a few years back, and is now working in LA as a... D'oh!

You got me, officer! Boy, the immigration services have got clever!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

andy kerry is an unknown quantity at this point

MM
youre havin a larff
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:59 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...kind of like the Customs officer in England back when I was a student who, after turning all my bags inside out and finding nothing of any interest, gave a theatrical nervous glance around, leaned very close and, in his best conspiratorial whisper said "...but you do... you know... do drugs, don't you? You know... any kind of drugs...".

To which, according to his training manual, I guess I was supposed to reply "Why yes, officer! Now you come to mention it, I am a habitual drug user, but I'm afraid today you've just failed to find my 500kg of smack that I hid inside a toothpaste tube! I'm terribly sorry to have let you waste all that time dumping my dirty laundry on the inspection room floor and threatening me with a body cavity search. It won't happen again. Now, I'll put my hands out, and you cuff 'em".
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:04 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbj1000
...kind of like the Customs officer in England back when I was a student who, after turning all my bags inside out and finding nothing of any interest, gave a theatrical nervous glance around, leaned very close and, in his best conspiratorial whisper said "...but you do... you know... do drugs, don't you? You know... any kind of drugs...".

To which, according to his training manual, I guess I was supposed to reply "Why yes, officer! Now you come to mention it, I am a habitual drug user, but I'm afraid today you've just failed to find my 500kg of smack that I hid inside a toothpaste tube! I'm terribly sorry to have let you waste all that time dumping my dirty laundry on the inspection room floor and threatening me with a body cavity search. It won't happen again. Now, I'll put my hands out, and you cuff 'em".
I just noticed where you live, dbj - I was in Plano a couple of weeks ago. We ate at a steakhouse/pub where they advertise the coldest beer in Texas! I had Newcastle brown but let it warm up on the table before I drank it!

Debbie
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:47 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally posted by dbark
I just noticed where you live, dbj - I was in Plano a couple of weeks ago. We ate at a steakhouse/pub where they advertise the coldest beer in Texas! I had Newcastle brown but let it warm up on the table before I drank it!

Debbie
And what brought you to Plano?

You missed out, if you were drinking Newcastle Brown, because Texas has some excellent brown and dark ales of its own. Next time try Shiner Bock or, if you like Weissbier, Shiner Hefferweissen.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:19 am
Just Joined

MissingMO is an unknown quantity at this point

What?!. NO illegal stories?...how disappointing. Will I be the only one?!!

MissingMO...the good ol' 'Show me state'.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:20 am

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

And what brought you to Plano?

You missed out, if you were drinking Newcastle Brown, because Texas has some excellent brown and dark ales of its own. Next time try Shiner Bock or, if you like Weissbier, Shiner Hefferweissen.
I don't think they were on the menu. It was the usual Becks, Budweiser, etc. at arctic temperatures. I was in Carrollton with husband and kids, visiting hubby's brother & family. That was when I discovered the British Emporium in Grapevine! Have you been there yet?

Debbie
Old Jul 29th 2004, 12:49 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally posted by dbark
I don't think they were on the menu. It was the usual Becks, Budweiser, etc. at arctic temperatures. I was in Carrollton with husband and kids, visiting hubby's brother & family. That was when I discovered the British Emporium in Grapevine! Have you been there yet?

Debbie
Funny, we discovered it for the first time after living here a year just last weekend. I'm glad we had to go through a year without essential items like... Pickled Onion Monster Munch, or we would be totally broke by now with the prices they charge! Great store though, and my kids loved the sweets ("Daddy, what's a sweetie? It looks like candy")
Old Jul 29th 2004, 1:10 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

What?!. NO illegal stories?...how disappointing. Will I be the only one?!!
We don't advocate posters of any illegal operations with regards the INS.
Most of us have spent upwards of thousands of dollars to be here. We're not interested in your story.

do you still shit yourself everytime there's a knock at the door btw?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 1:48 pm

Funny, we discovered it for the first time after living here a year just last weekend. I'm glad we had to go through a year without essential items like... Pickled Onion Monster Munch, or we would be totally broke by now with the prices they charge! Great store though, and my kids loved the sweets ("Daddy, what's a sweetie? It looks like candy")
LOL! My 14-yr-old daughter (who really misses English sweets) picked up a basket and proceeded to fill it brim-full with Cadbury's chocolate, Walkers crisps, chocolate Hob-nobs, etc - hers totalled $65! :scared: My less expensive basket contained such delicacies as Heinz tomato soup, tea bags, pickled onions, crumpets and ... yes, a few Curly Wurlys.

Luckily, we won't be back there for a few months.

Debbie
Attached Images  
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by manc1976
We don't advocate posters of any illegal operations with regards the INS.
Most of us have spent upwards of thousands of dollars to be here. We're not interested in your story.

do you still shit yourself everytime there's a knock at the door btw?
Plus, it is not at all wise. ICE occassionally monitors this forum.

Hello Agent K.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.