Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I wonder f there is a state that Brits settle more or well in?

I wonder f there is a state that Brits settle more or well in?

Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

monksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nice
Default Re: I wonder f there is a state that Brits settle more or well in?

Wife and I have been in the states for thirty years, Ohio (Cleveland), Texas (Houston), California (LA and San Diego), Arizona (Kingman) and now Wisconsin (La Crosse). Cant say I hated any of them, they all had their good and bad points. All in all like it here the best though, even the winters have a charm to them, which reminds me to go check the furnace. I wish global warming would hurry up and visit this area, just until spring.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robin1234
British men?
Presumably, French Maid's Uniform or BDSM leathers.
Only High Court judges, MP's and those who attended public (i.e. private) school.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fromthemanorborn
Only High Court judges, MP's and those who attended public (i.e. private) school.
Oops, better not wear this to work again then .. just me emulating my betters.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robin1234
Oops, better not wear this to work again then .. just me emulating my betters.
I wouldn't worry, there's nothing wrong with a bit of aspiration and ambition.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fromthemanorborn
Yes, a pin-stripe suit and bowler hat in the middle of the desert can be a dead giveaway.
Nah, it's the socks with sandals and the white knobbly knees.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:19 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Well unless people like the heat and the fact that it gets to be 100+ for at lest 4 months of the year I do not think that many British people will really settle of like Las Vegas NV or Nevada in general because of the climate and the politics here are really bad in my opinion. May be northern CA or MA would be better suited for Brits than Nevada. although it does get sunny for well over 300 days a year here.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Sancho_p will become famous soon enough

I do not think that many British people will really settle of like Las Vegas NV or Nevada in general
Well thats where we're headed!

We've seen Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Georgia California, NY, and North Carolina and still heading to LV. It is (amongst many other reasons) the climate that attracts!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:40 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sancho_p
Well thats where we're headed!

We've seen Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Georgia California, NY, and North Carolina and still heading to LV. It is (amongst many other reasons) the climate that attracts!
Do not let what I say about LV turn you off and keep you from visiting or moving here. I bet that you will love LV and I hope that you like it a lot. I just do not like it for reasons I will not say on a public forum except that I do not like the heat. It does get very hot here in July and August. But I think that you may like the heat. The rest of the year is very nice weather wise. I wish you the very best. Have a great time.
Have a great time in LV.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Sancho_p will become famous soon enough

I wish you the very best. Have a great time.
Have a great time in LV.
We were visiting my wife's sister, now a USC, and due to her hubby's job, they moved around the US an awful lot. About 7 years ago they pitched up in LV, and after a number of visits there we decided we absolutely loved the place. In early 09 we ended up buying a repo condo in Paradise, and when the immigrant visa eventually comes through that'll be our home.

We've been there in mid-Summer (130F) and winter ( 28F) and still love it!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:52 am
Too young for BE

Originally Posted by Sancho_p
We were visiting my wife's sister, now a USC, and due to her hubby's job, they moved around the US an awful lot. About 7 years ago they pitched up in LV, and after a number of visits there we decided we absolutely loved the place. In early 09 we ended up buying a repo condo in Paradise, and when the immigrant visa eventually comes through that'll be our home.

We've been there in mid-Summer (130F) and winter ( 28F) and still love it!
Good luck with the immigrant visas. I hope that they work out just fine for you. I am glad that you like Las Vegas. I hope that you have many great years here.
I just want to say that I have lived here for 15 years and it has never gotting to 130F here. The all time record high for Las Vegas was I think 117F. I think that you may be thanking of Death Valley in CA. It can get that hot there during the summer.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 12:05 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I'd say California and Florida! Wasn't there a map showing who was where posted recently
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

I find Indiana pretty good.

Compared to a lot of places in the USA the weather is good, it's relatively cheap and not too much traffic.

Wherever you are it's what you make of it though. There is not one place in the USA/World where everything is wonderful.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut
I find Indiana pretty good.

Compared to a lot of places in the USA the weather is good, it's relatively cheap and not too much traffic.

Wherever you are it's what you make of it though. There is not one place in the USA/World where everything is wonderful.

Old Sep 15th 2011, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
The state of denial.
+1
Old Sep 15th 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.