Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I want a cleaner..

I want a cleaner..

Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:51 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want a cleaner..

Originally Posted by woodsey
...in between taking 2 kids to 2 different schools...
Look at that! You've got two cleaners right there! On-site, nonetheless! Put those slackers to work and you'll have a clean house in no time.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:56 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Look at that! You've got two cleaners right there! On-site, nonetheless! Put those slackers to work and you'll have a clean house in no time.
are you serious?? having to nag them and listen to their attitude cos they don't want to is worse than having to clean yourself :scared:
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:03 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
are you serious?? having to nag them and listen to their attitude cos they don't want to is worse than having to clean yourself :scared:
PMSL
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:49 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm a fussy Bitch anyway so no thankyou, not unless I won the lottery and lived in a bloody Mansion, even then they would not be allowed in my Bed Room, dont trust no f**ker.

Agreed.
Plus I'm way too northern and working class to feel comfortable about hiring someone to clean my house, the spirit of my Grandma would come along and whack me round the earhole with a wet dishcloth and tell me to start scrubbing the front step.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:08 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't work, I have 2 kids and a big house.
I mentioned this to a friend yesterday (english) and she looked at me like I was the laziest person on the planet. She has five kids under 10 and could not justify a cleaner as she is a stay at home mum Five kids and I'd have a live in nanny.
Am I the laziest person on the planet for not wanting to spend all my time cleaning 3 bathrooms or is it o.k?
Where I'm from only rich, posh people have them so in the back of my mind it doesn't feel right but I bloody hate cleaning, I've got better things to do with my time..can't think what they are, but I have.

Lazy cow!

Actually, I go back and forth on this. My hubby's good at helping out, so with both of us doing the "big stuff" once a week, it doesn't take too long and it seems silly to spend the $100 it would probably cost to clean our house. On the flip side, life's too short to be spending time cleaning!

Anyway with four kids in the house, it's the constant daily cleaning that really takes the biggest toll in time. The laundry, clean up after meals, etc. I've finally got them cleaning up all the crumbs they leave on the floor after eating - little piggies!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And what are Eskimo's thoughts on this?
she has to have big tits, long hair, under 25 and he'll be fine with it..
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't care about her hair
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sarah
Agreed.
Plus I'm way too northern and working class to feel comfortable about hiring someone to clean my house, the spirit of my Grandma would come along and whack me round the earhole with a wet dishcloth and tell me to start scrubbing the front step.
Her Yorkshire grandma / mum still give her shit about not ironing my shirts .. I bring it up all the time of course
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:19 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Agreed.
I would be too embarrassed to let a cleaner in my house..I'd have to tidy up first!!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:21 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be too embarrassed to let a cleaner in my house..I'd have to tidy up first!!
I used to have a cleaner years ago, and my ex used to laugh at me for doing exactly that!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:21 pm
Back Again

what does he care he will be at work when she's there anyway......just tell him she's all those things
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

what does he care he will be at work when she's there anyway......just tell him she's all those things
those where the wifes requirements not mine
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:25 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Teenagers will FIND something to whinge about anyway. If they want money for the cinema or a ride to a friend's they had better make a contribution around the house.

Little kids usually LOVE to help and if you get them child sized tools like a wee mop they learn early on that housework is part of the normal routine.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:29 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Teenagers will FIND something to whinge about anyway. If they want money for the cinema or a ride to a friend's they had better make a contribution around the house.

Little kids usually LOVE to help and if you get them child sized tools like a wee mop they learn early on that housework is part of the normal routine.
I have kids between those ages.. :scared:
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by snowbunny

Exactly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.