British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I want a cleaner.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-want-cleaner-358015/)

woodsey Feb 28th 2006 12:04 am

I want a cleaner..

I don't work, I have 2 kids and a big house.
I mentioned this to a friend yesterday (english) and she looked at me like I was the laziest person on the planet. She has five kids under 10 and could not justify a cleaner as she is a stay at home mum :confused: Five kids and I'd have a live in nanny. :cool:
Am I the laziest person on the planet for not wanting to spend all my time cleaning 3 bathrooms or is it o.k?
Where I'm from only rich, posh people have them so in the back of my mind it doesn't feel right but I bloody hate cleaning, I've got better things to do with my time..can't think what they are, but I have. :D

AmerLisa Feb 28th 2006 12:06 am

Re: I want a cleaner..

Originally Posted by woodsey
I mentioned this to a friend yesterday (english) and she looked at me like I was the laziest person on the planet. She has five kids under 10 and could not justify a cleaner as she is a stay at home mum :confused: Five kids and I'd have a live in nanny. :cool:
Am I the laziest person on the planet for not wanting to spend all my time cleaning 3 bathrooms or is it o.k?
Where I'm from only rich, posh people have them so in the back of my mind it doesn't feel right but I bloody hate cleaning, I've got better things to do with my time..can't think what they are, but I have. :D

I'd have a cleaner in a heartbeat - if I could justify it. :o

tony126 Feb 28th 2006 12:07 am

Vim is pretty good. :D

Thydney Feb 28th 2006 12:08 am

you lazy mare ;)

cutina Feb 28th 2006 12:28 am

i think it's fine. some people get a perverse pleasure out of cleaning. so by doing it, they're just getting their rocks off really... nothing to do with laziness:)
i hate it. i know loads of non-rich people with cleaners. When i was a student a group of lads next door got one. at least they SAID she was a cleaner....

mandeeuk Feb 28th 2006 12:29 am

If it'd make you happy, do it! Loads of people have cleaners and most people don't think about it one way or the other. I wanted one for years, but felt I shouldn't because my place is so small, but I finally realised life is too short and now wish I'd given in ages ago.

Deb Feb 28th 2006 12:32 am

Just think of it this way Woodsey, you are giving someone a job......... :D

Wish I could afford one, I hate bloody cleaning, especially at the moment when I have messy in-laws....... :mad:

britvic Feb 28th 2006 12:32 am

I'm a fussy Bitch anyway so no thankyou, not unless I won the lottery and lived in a bloody Mansion, even then they would not be allowed in my Bed Room, dont trust no f**ker.

Jaxbar Feb 28th 2006 12:32 am

. :D

If you can afford it and find someone you trust you don't need to justify it just pay a decent wage and treat em well :)

AdobePinon Feb 28th 2006 12:34 am

Get a smaller house! Dunno, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Heard a couple of women at a restaurant discussing how you "have to get rid of the hired help after two years because they just get too lazy."

cutina Feb 28th 2006 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
If you can afford it and find someone you trust you don't need to justify it just pay a decent wage and treat em well :)

yes, excellent point IMHO
:)

cutina Feb 28th 2006 12:37 am

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Get a smaller house! Dunno, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Heard a couple of women at a restaurant discussing how you "have to get rid of the hired help after two years because they just get too lazy."

yeah, but that says more about THOSE women than it does about people who have cleaners

antjen Feb 28th 2006 12:38 am

\

the trick to avoid needing a cleaner - is to not make a mess in the first place lol :D

Eskimo Feb 28th 2006 12:55 am

Am I the laziest person on the planet for not wanting to spend all my time cleaning 3 bathrooms

yes .. yes you are, but you dont do it often anyway :rolleyes: and as I said before as long as I'm on the interview panel and in charge of uniforms its a deal ;)

Leslie Feb 28th 2006 1:03 am

I'm with you on this.

I'd rather work than clean house.

And I hate working. :D