Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I have lost my passport. What do I do?

I have lost my passport. What do I do?

Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

rg80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have lost my passport. What do I do?

I am over in the US right now and have a return flight on wednesday 16th of Feb, I have lost my passport. What do I do?

Im getting married this saturday too so things are stressful!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have lost my passport. What do I do?

Originally Posted by rg80
I am over in the US right now and have a return flight on wednesday 16th of Feb, I have lost my passport. What do I do?

This is what Dean British Consul suggests:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=25

Good luck and congratulations on your wedding.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 8th 2011 at 7:51 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:46 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried contacting the British Embassy in the US, explain the situation and ask them if they could provide you with a temporary travel document in lieu of passport, until a new passport can be issued?

Last edited by C_C; Feb 8th 2011 at 8:04 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:49 pm
Happy with my lot For now

anne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to all

Nearest British Embassy will help, I had to go once when my passport ran out and I needed to travel back too the Uk
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:51 pm

anne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to allanne55 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anne55
Nearest British Embassy will help, I had to go once when my passport ran out and I needed to travel back too the Uk
Oops forgot to mention there will be a charge, I think I paid about a hundred buck's but thats years ago.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_C
Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried contacting the British Embassy in the US, explain the situation and ask them if they could provide you with a temporary travel document in lieu of passport, until a new passport can be issued?

How about your entry permit for the US when you go back? Did you get to the US on a K1? I'm not a 100% sure of the requirements as I didn't do a fiance visa, but I think you would need to obtain Advance Parole if you need to leave the country before your Adjustment of Status is completed. Have you sorted that?

He never mentioned a K-1 and looking through his 14 posts it is clear he entered under the VWP to marry and return to the UK to do the CR-1 visa.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...tolen-passport
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I see a month ago you were asking how to extend your US visit: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699536

Whatever you do, do NOT overstay this 90 days. Get whatever you need in order to get on that flight back to the UK.

Rene
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:04 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
He never mentioned a K-1 and looking through his 14 posts it is clear he entered under the VWP to marry and return to the UK to do the CR-1 visa.
Ok, thanks and sorry about that.
I'll edit my post to delete any mis-information.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by C_C
Ok, thanks and sorry about that.
I'll edit my post to delete any mis-information.
Thanks guys, ive tried calling the british consulate in Boston but didnt get a reply yet. Ive filled out the form needed for the temp travel document and we are in Boston on thursday so pick up the flowers.

Any idea if I could just show up and get the paperwork needed?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, ive tried calling the british consulate in Boston but didnt get a reply yet. Ive filled out the form needed for the temp travel document and we are in Boston on thursday so pick up the flowers.

Any idea if I could just show up and get the paperwork needed?
Go to the link in my post #2 and send Dean a PM...he logs into BE most days.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:55 am

If I remember right I had to make an appointment, but losing a passport must happen all the time say in Orlando, if I were you I would keep trying to contact them and if that fails go there and plead your urgency.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anne55
If I remember right I had to make an appointment, but losing a passport must happen all the time say in Orlando, if I were you I would keep trying to contact them and if that fails go there and plead your urgency.
Managed to get hold of the rental car company and they found it! They are going to send it priority mail to get here in a day or two!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:23 pm

Thats great. Congrats on your new venture together.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Managed to get hold of the rental car company and they found it! They are going to send it priority mail to get here in a day or two!
Wow, what a relief! That's awesome news!

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.