British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I have lost my passport. What do I do? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-have-lost-my-passport-what-do-i-do-704567/)

rg80 Feb 8th 2011 6:51 pm

I have lost my passport. What do I do?

I am over in the US right now and have a return flight on wednesday 16th of Feb, I have lost my passport. What do I do?

Im getting married this saturday too so things are stressful!

Jerseygirl Feb 8th 2011 7:44 pm

Re: I have lost my passport. What do I do?

Originally Posted by rg80 (Post 9162426)
I am over in the US right now and have a return flight on wednesday 16th of Feb, I have lost my passport. What do I do?

This is what Dean British Consul suggests:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=25

Good luck and congratulations on your wedding.

C_C Feb 8th 2011 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried contacting the British Embassy in the US, explain the situation and ask them if they could provide you with a temporary travel document in lieu of passport, until a new passport can be issued?

anne55 Feb 8th 2011 7:49 pm

Nearest British Embassy will help, I had to go once when my passport ran out and I needed to travel back too the Uk

anne55 Feb 8th 2011 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by anne55 (Post 9162534)
Nearest British Embassy will help, I had to go once when my passport ran out and I needed to travel back too the Uk

Oops forgot to mention there will be a charge, I think I paid about a hundred buck's but thats years ago.

Rete Feb 8th 2011 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by C_C (Post 9162527)
Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried contacting the British Embassy in the US, explain the situation and ask them if they could provide you with a temporary travel document in lieu of passport, until a new passport can be issued?

How about your entry permit for the US when you go back? Did you get to the US on a K1? I'm not a 100% sure of the requirements as I didn't do a fiance visa, but I think you would need to obtain Advance Parole if you need to leave the country before your Adjustment of Status is completed. Have you sorted that?

He never mentioned a K-1 and looking through his 14 posts it is clear he entered under the VWP to marry and return to the UK to do the CR-1 visa.

MarylandNed Feb 8th 2011 8:00 pm

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...tolen-passport

Noorah101 Feb 8th 2011 8:01 pm

I see a month ago you were asking how to extend your US visit: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699536

Whatever you do, do NOT overstay this 90 days. Get whatever you need in order to get on that flight back to the UK.

Rene

C_C Feb 8th 2011 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 9162551)
He never mentioned a K-1 and looking through his 14 posts it is clear he entered under the VWP to marry and return to the UK to do the CR-1 visa.

Ok, thanks and sorry about that.
I'll edit my post to delete any mis-information.

rg80 Feb 9th 2011 12:40 am

Originally Posted by C_C (Post 9162565)
Ok, thanks and sorry about that.
I'll edit my post to delete any mis-information.

Thanks guys, ive tried calling the british consulate in Boston but didnt get a reply yet. Ive filled out the form needed for the temp travel document and we are in Boston on thursday so pick up the flowers.

Any idea if I could just show up and get the paperwork needed?

Jerseygirl Feb 9th 2011 12:48 am

Originally Posted by rg80 (Post 9162995)
Thanks guys, ive tried calling the british consulate in Boston but didnt get a reply yet. Ive filled out the form needed for the temp travel document and we are in Boston on thursday so pick up the flowers.

Any idea if I could just show up and get the paperwork needed?

Go to the link in my post #2 and send Dean a PM...he logs into BE most days.

anne55 Feb 9th 2011 12:55 am

If I remember right I had to make an appointment, but losing a passport must happen all the time say in Orlando, if I were you I would keep trying to contact them and if that fails go there and plead your urgency.

rg80 Feb 9th 2011 4:28 am

Originally Posted by anne55 (Post 9163018)
If I remember right I had to make an appointment, but losing a passport must happen all the time say in Orlando, if I were you I would keep trying to contact them and if that fails go there and plead your urgency.

Managed to get hold of the rental car company and they found it! They are going to send it priority mail to get here in a day or two!

anne55 Feb 9th 2011 2:23 pm

Thats great. Congrats on your new venture together.

Noorah101 Feb 9th 2011 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by rg80 (Post 9163249)
Managed to get hold of the rental car company and they found it! They are going to send it priority mail to get here in a day or two!

Wow, what a relief! That's awesome news! :)

Rene