Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How Much are You Paying for Gas?

How Much are You Paying for Gas?

Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much are You Paying for Gas?

Originally Posted by Eskimo
our Expedition used to be about $45 to fill up, now I dont know as the pumps in LA cut off at $50. My little Crossfire only holds $30 - But even with the different size of a gallon am I right in thinking its still about half the price of the UK ?
Yup...but it's not taking into account the differing quality either...but that's another subject I guess...
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup...but it's not taking into account the differing quality either...but that's another subject I guess...
yeah and I think in CA its different again - emissions or something ..
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

yeah and I think in CA its different again - emissions or something ..
irony that, the stinky cesspit and all that *lol*
Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:06 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

$2.19 p/gallon for middle octane gas here in Durham, NC. This was the price two weeks ago for high octane...

NC Penguin
Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:52 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Now $2.03 here in Salem, Ma........
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:27 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

$2.46. Yum!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:16 am
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tony126
$1.95/1.99 for lead free here in my part of SC.

Got this in an email today.....hot topic!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

$2.25 in town, $2.38G on the edge of town, $2.25-2.35 over in the next towns...
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:56 am
ImHere

$2.33 - $2.40 in S. FL for bog standard.. Up to $2.70 for premium.

...Going up, next stop $3

Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:56 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

$2.40 here in northern mich.

so what do you reckon the riotpoint is?

and whom reckons this is OPEC's way of *****ing over the Bush re-election voters.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:57 am
ImHere

$3 should see blood on the streets I reckon.

And yep I do.

Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by looselips

Got this in an email today.....hot topic!
You would only have to change the Dollar to GBP and it would work in the UK!.

Anyway,

The only time I saw violence was due to shortage in '74, there was a long queue and somebody tried to push in.

I can see availability causing a ruction, not price.

Just gone up to 2.11 here.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:21 am
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boiler
You would only have to change the Dollar to GBP and it would work in the UK!.

Anyway,

The only time I saw violence was due to shortage in '74, there was a long queue and somebody tried to push in.

I can see availability causing a ruction, not price.

Just gone up to 2.11 here.
]

My fella is from NJ and he said depending on your number plate you could only go to the pump every other day back then - like an odds and evens thing. Saying that , I see NJ is at the bottom end of the scale for gas having only just gone over the $2 mark, which is amazing considering they are full serve (lower taxes and nearby refineries and pipelines/ports helps!)

Rumour has it by Memorial Day the average price will be $2.50 (which some people seem to have hit already) .....apparently last time gas peaked at $3 was 1981 .
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:48 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by looselips
]

My fella is from NJ and he said depending on your number plate you could only go to the pump every other day back then - like an odds and evens thing. Saying that , I see NJ is at the bottom end of the scale for gas having only just gone over the $2 mark, which is amazing considering they are full serve (lower taxes and nearby refineries and pipelines/ports helps!)

Rumour has it by Memorial Day the average price will be $2.50 (which some people seem to have hit already) .....apparently last time gas peaked at $3 was 1981 .

And this time its likely to go higher

Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

our Expedition used to be about $45 to fill up, now I dont know as the pumps in LA cut off at $50. My little Crossfire only holds $30 - But even with the different size of a gallon am I right in thinking its still about half the price of the UK ?
84p a litre seems to be the current average.

In round terms 3.8 litres to the US Gallon

Exchange rate, mid market, 1.88

So $6 a gallon.

Price in the UK has benefited from falling dollar and a tax cap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.