Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How Much are You Paying for Gas?

How Much are You Paying for Gas?

Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:38 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much are You Paying for Gas?

Originally Posted by woodsey
regular at the moment here in L.A is around $2.30 a gallon, as I haven't been in the states that long it still makes me smile that its so cheap even though my car only does 11 to the gallon..
went to Death Valley on Saturday regular there was $3.00 a gallon..
You know I've never been to Death Valley all the time I've been here, passed close to it loads of times on the way to Vegas. Any good? What's there??
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:40 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomelina
You know I've never been to Death Valley all the time I've been here, passed close to it loads of times on the way to Vegas. Any good? What's there??
Apparently with all the rain this year in CA, Death Valley's blooming this year. Not exactly barren. First time in about 90 years that the Valley's been this lush. So, it sounds as if now is the time to go and visit because it probably wouldn't look like this every year.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:02 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
what about diesel?
Not that you can get it in maine, I've only seen 3 places across the state that sell it, but am curious as to how that compares to the UK...
About $2.30 here. Some weeks diesel is cheaper than regular, some weeks more than regular.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

we went because of the flowers, its quite spectacular, yellow flowers for as far as the eye can see and the scenery is incredible, absolutely nothing there other than mountains, salt flats and at the moment flowers so if you like that kind of thing go, the flowers might not happen again in our lifetime. right in the middle of the valley is a place called furnace creek which has gas, shops, a bar, somewhere to eat, picnic tables etc, you can also rent a little bungalow for the night which we will do next time, its a long way to go for one day, we drove 670 miles altogether..

Last edited by woodsey; Mar 21st 2005 at 8:44 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
About $2.30 here. Some weeks diesel is cheaper than regular, some weeks more than regular.
ouch...but there much deisel in your part of the country?
Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am surprised by how little diesel there is in maine considering the number of trucks driving around in the logging industry and all that.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

not your arse thank god ! - a much more civilised weekend was had by all (and no BE for 2 days!!)
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

deaks is an unknown quantity at this point

In the UK today it works out at $7.84 a gallon for diesel. Normal gas is a little bit cheaper at around $7.50 a gallon.

Having to commute 160 miles a day really sucks.

I can't wait to move to the USA (should be july 2005 with a bit of luck ;-))

Deaks
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deaks
aye, I was saying that when I first moved over, didn't take long to grumble about the petrol prices though *lol*
but then I am a miserable sod.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Apparently with all the rain this year in CA, Death Valley's blooming this year. Not exactly barren. First time in about 90 years that the Valley's been this lush. So, it sounds as if now is the time to go and visit because it probably wouldn't look like this every year.

NC Penguin
Thats one of the reasons my wife is actually looking forward to our drive up to Vegas next month. With all the rain this part of the country has had, the desert is in full bloom. Infact we have green mountains right now which is really rare. Of course, the sun will probably come out to play long before our april trip and kill everything. lol
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:52 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by deaks
In the UK today it works out at $7.84 a gallon for diesel. Normal gas is a little bit cheaper at around $7.50 a gallon.

Having to commute 160 miles a day really sucks.

Deaks

And then you can pay about $4000 per year for your car insurance.

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:44 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

$2.05/gallon here as well. Also in Tampa.

This evening, it cost me $22 to fill up my Ford Focus (which I happen to think isn't crappy at all).
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:03 am
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all

we are paying $2.05 in Allentown my Town & Country is somewhat thirsty.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
US gas prices have risen. How much are you paying to fill up your vehicle?

I filled my car with middle grade gas on Saturday and paid $2.19 p/gallon. It was one of the two usual places I go to get gas.

Fortunately, I don't drive a gas guzzling SUV.

NC Penguin

$1.92 in Charleston, SC this morning.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:35 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
ouch...but there much deisel in your part of the country?
Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am surprised by how little diesel there is in maine considering the number of trucks driving around in the logging industry and all that.
Pretty much everywhere sells it here. It could be quite regional though, as the gas station attendants tell me that they hear of about five or six people a week filling up their petrol cars with diesel. (Supposedly, if your car is almost empty, you'll make it about 20 feet with a repair bill of about $1000. If the tank is half empty and the two fuels mix, you'll make it a lot further and the bill will be much much higher.)
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Saw prices between $1.93 and $1.99 (bog standard unleaded) on the way into work this morning. However, I get between 45-55 mpg depending on the traffic, so it's not too bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.