Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How do I know Im back in Blighty?

How do I know Im back in Blighty?

Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:06 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I know Im back in Blighty?

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
You know what the British public are like over the simplest of changes - they whine and whinge and as this is a very tiny country geographically they may not get their heads round any clock time difference between Scotland and England and subsequent amendments on all time schedules. Anyway, it's all academic - it just won't ever happen. It's too daft for words.
And you're the one who brought it up! Can you show me the last post you made that actually contributed to a thread instead of being inane nonsense?

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
This begs the question - why even bother wasting your time responding to what you consider twaddle posted by someone you consider to be a plonker?
A sense of charity?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:11 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
But not really a biggie in the grand scheme of things, right? Once it's fixed it's fixed? I was more taking issue with the usual standard of twaddle that the plonker who brought it up posts on here.
Once it's fixed it is fixed until someone else decides to muck with things. Then again I don't understand daylight savings time.... and wish we could stay on the same clock all year. But that would be boring.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever I come back from the US and visit the 'restrooms' at Heathrow, I always feel glad to have my privacy back with no great big gap under the door or space between the door and the wall where from a certain angle people can see you sitting on the throne!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:33 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirrel
Whenever I come back from the US and visit the 'restrooms' at Heathrow, I always feel glad to have my privacy back with no great big gap under the door or space between the door and the wall where from a certain angle people can see you sitting on the throne!
You really would save time if you had a dump on the plane...
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Even when I fly the Teesside flag so proudly at the bottom of each of my posts?
Good grief how many Boro lads and lasses are there on this website? Didn't like to fess up to coming from Teesside in case I was looked down upon by the southerners. Hoped my name might mean people think I was from Wales instead
CADreaming I once flew from Seattle to Amsterdam then onto Teesside. A real nightmare on the return journey. 1 inch of snow meant a cancelled flight from Teesside. Spent 8 hours in a queue trying to get onto another flight. Eventually put up in airport hotel for the night. Got to Amsterdam the next day. Spent 6 hours on the tarmac at Amsterdam due to faulty wiring. Then spent 3 hours in Boston (unscheduled stop) as we had to get off the plane and go through customs/immigration. Then few onto Minniapolis (again unscheduled), where we spent another hour trying to get permission to take off after a crew change. Eventually arrived in Seattle 1 day and 11 hours late. Not been back to the Boro since but thinking of going in October if I can convince myself my 2 cavaliers, Monmouth and, well you can probably guess the bitch's name, will survive in the kennel for 2 weeks without me. Bet M'brough has changed in 10 years....is Acklam still relatively OK?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Once it's fixed it is fixed until someone else decides to muck with things. Then again I don't understand daylight savings time.... and wish we could stay on the same clock all year. But that would be boring.
Try living in Arizona, the one state (?) that does not change clocks. Half the year we are on the same time as CA, the other half we are on the same time as CO. Absolutely everyone is confused by that! But I do like the fact the clocks don't change in winter ...
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:39 am
Account Closed

What charm school did you go to?

Ladies sit down to pee you know.

Last edited by Squirrel; Jul 12th 2011 at 8:40 am. Reason: spell
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Good grief how many Boro lads and lasses are there on this website? Didn't like to fess up to coming from Teesside in case I was looked down upon by the southerners. Hoped my name might mean people think I was from Wales instead
CADreaming I once flew from Seattle to Amsterdam then onto Teesside. A real nightmare on the return journey. 1 inch of snow meant a cancelled flight from Teesside. Spent 8 hours in a queue trying to get onto another flight. Eventually put up in airport hotel for the night. Got to Amsterdam the next day. Spent 6 hours on the tarmac at Amsterdam due to faulty wiring. Then spent 3 hours in Boston (unscheduled stop) as we had to get off the plane and go through customs/immigration. Then few onto Minniapolis (again unscheduled), where we spent another hour trying to get permission to take off after a crew change. Eventually arrived in Seattle 1 day and 11 hours late. Not been back to the Boro since but thinking of going in October if I can convince myself my 2 cavaliers, Monmouth and, well you can probably guess the bitch's name, will survive in the kennel for 2 weeks without me. Bet M'brough has changed in 10 years....is Acklam still relatively OK?
im in the boro now and its pouring!!! It has changed - for the better! There is a nice shopping centre - cleveland centre and hill street and a v nice art gallery
the fact that there is a good uni has really helped the town i feel. Ackam is still there and still fine. I have only been away tho 3 months - cant imagine being away 10 years!!!
It does feel like home to me even tho i have lived in london for 25 years (mum lives in the boro) the people are friendly and down to earth. Hmm maybe i will fly into Heathrow then get a train here - but think i will give the amsterdam/teesside route one go sometime this year
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather eat my arm
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Would you like fries with that..
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Would you like fries with that..
We call em chips oop north - with curry sauce
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:19 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Squirrel
What charm school did you go to?

Ladies sit down to pee you know.
Where's your little pink squiggle by your name then? If you're looking for special treatment you need one of those.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:20 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Hmmm.... it has been a while since I used a toilet in economy...
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Where's your little pink squiggle by your name then? If you're looking for special treatment you need one of those.
I think I fixed it!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hmmm.... it has been a while since I used a toilet in economy...
Economy - moi!! I always turn left - Im a California girl now dont ya know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.