Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The hour is almost upon me!!!

The hour is almost upon me!!!

Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:43 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The hour is almost upon me!!!

Originally Posted by britwhore
Hi Lorry1,

So exciting!!!!! Don't drug your dog for the flight. Airlines usually won't accept an animal if it's been drugged.

Good luck!!
OK, great thanks!
We are not getting a pet company to help us either. The paperwork looks ok for us to do ourselves and save a lot of money!
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:48 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Congratulations to all who are returning very soon
I wonder what the official figures are for returning expats?

Well, I have cancelled our return trip on the QM2 27 July..... because I have rebooked for 6 July!!!
Hubby is returning to UK in May to start his new job and then will return to Canada early July to help us finish here, drive to New York and sail home.
We are now returning our dog by air cargo sometime in June as their are no kennels left on QM2 6 July, but that's OK.
We are just researching how to cargo our dog home with Air Canada, so any advice from anyone who has just done it, we would be very grateful. Do you still drug the pet to sleep through the flight?

We are currently very stressed with all the dog information, getting container quotes and working out finances. I know it will all come together in the end though.
Great news!!!! Dunroving, who regularly posts in this forum shipped his dog at least twice, but not recently. I think Dollface, who just returned from Toronto?? shipped her dog. So if you don't hear from anybody you could get in touch with them.

Just over three months till you go. I hope it has stopped snowing by the time you get here. It is freezing with snow hitting many parts of the country. Sometimes I think I am still in Canada
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:52 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Great news!!!! Dunroving, who regularly posts in this forum shipped his dog at least twice, but not recently. I think Dollface, who just returned from Toronto?? shipped her dog. So if you don't hear from anybody you could get in touch with them.

Just over three months till you go. I hope it has stopped snowing by the time you get here. It is freezing with snow hitting many parts of the country. Sometimes I think I am still in Canada
Thanks!

OMG really? Yes it's cold here too and we have had more snow also. Spring? my ass
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:57 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Spring? my ass
Exactly!! Our village choir is performing our "Spring Concert" tomorrow night and at Wednesday's rehearsal I suggested that we just pull out the Christmas music we performed in December as it would be more appropriate.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 2:26 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by lf1
Exactly!! Our village choir is performing our "Spring Concert" tomorrow night and at Wednesday's rehearsal I suggested that we just pull out the Christmas music we performed in December as it would be more appropriate.
well so along as the sun shines from July onwards, and forever! lol
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

OMG really? Yes it's cold here too and we have had more snow also. Spring? my ass
Didn't that overgrown rodent just tell us to expect an early spring?
Hopefully it will be a glorious summer for you
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:10 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
That overgrown rodent is currently on a hit list LOL
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:57 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Originally Posted by WhoFan63
That overgrown rodent is currently on a hit list LOL
lying little git!

I'll go first!
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 6:15 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

lying little git!

I'll go first!
Leave some for the rest of the country....LOL
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:02 am
Yorkshire Lass

Pompey, Pompey, where for art thou Pompey ! We're all dying to know how the flight was and how it feels to be home. Hope you had a safe trip.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Pompey, Pompey, where for art thou Pompey ! We're all dying to know how the flight was and how it feels to be home. Hope you had a safe trip.
Probably too busy trying to placate the cat
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, the great sell-off is almost complete but I still have a huge armoire and two tables to go..... why do I have two tables I ask myself??? My brain has Craigslist fatigue.

Tip: Allow WAY more time to sell things than you think you need, people can be fickle!

Nine days and counting....
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

She's keeping us in suspenders!!
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 5:01 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by windsong
She's keeping us in suspenders!!
LOL She sure is ! She's probably having a ball...although maybe jet lag kicked in. I'm sure she's just getting settled
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LOL She sure is ! She's probably having a ball...although maybe jet lag kicked in. I'm sure she's just getting settled
I reckon she's lying in a stupor surrounded by cadbury's chocolate wrappers. The cat is on top of the wardrobe glaring at her, but there's a blissful smile on her face

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.