Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hot Tub back to the UK

Hot Tub back to the UK

Old May 12th 2007, 2:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot Tub back to the UK

Originally Posted by krizzy
You could use face cream then you don't have to wash your face with water..can't say I'd be happy washing my face in water in the sink...its more something you do in your morning shower...

I would think it down to the kind of soap you use to wash your hands more than the heat of the water...
How can you wash your face without water? A splash of water on your face makes all the difference.
Old May 12th 2007, 2:42 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

My mums not used water on her face for 60 odd years...I can't say she has a wrinkle to her name at 76...face wise she would pass for someone half her age....
Old May 12th 2007, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My mums not used water on her face for 60 odd years...I can't say she has a wrinkle to her name at 76...face wise she would pass for someone half her age....
I was amazed at my almost 87 year old mum's complexion...absolutely flawless. She's only used handsoap and water...no face or eye cream...must be something in the older generation's genes. Good food...no additives...no time to sit in the sun...maybe.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:21 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I was amazed at my almost 87 year old mum's complexion...absolutely flawless. She's only used handsoap and water...no face or eye cream...must be something in the older generation's genes. Good food...no additives...no time to sit in the sun...maybe.
I would say sun...I would sunbathe for 8 months of the year..did that for about 20 years...and I count myself lucky that I did little damage...
I use a cheap cold cream at night...and even after soap and water I'm surprised how much dirt it still removes...my nan used a home made soap..it looked almost like honey...its an old Gypsy recipe...she also had good skin...not sure if good skin runs in the family because my aunt had skin like a gator........LOL!
Old May 12th 2007, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I'm truly puzzled - if you're going to wash your hair in the shower anyway, why do you need to have a bath before you shower?
Because I have a jacuzzi tub, and it's nice and relaxing to have a soak, and a good book, and a glass of wine...

Or even just a plain bubble bath is relaxing, especially for sore muscles.

But neither work for washing long hair
Old May 12th 2007, 11:03 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Tracym
Because I have a jacuzzi tub, and it's nice and relaxing to have a soak, and a good book, and a glass of wine...

Or even just a plain bubble bath is relaxing, especially for sore muscles.

But neither work for washing long hair

When I had my place built...I forgot to add shower taps on our jacuzzi tub...so I get out to wash my hair too...its a real pain...
Old May 12th 2007, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

When I had my place built...I forgot to add shower taps on our jacuzzi tub...so I get out to wash my hair too...its a real pain...
Oh no, that would be a bummer. Thankfully mine's all in one.