Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Homeschooling

Homeschooling

Old May 11th 2005, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Homeschooling

Him getting to grips with Mozart....ignore, it has been a long long day
Old May 11th 2005, 11:37 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
And who is to say I haven't? I do appreciate all types of music after all.

Personnaly, I prefer Wagner (pronounced "Varg-ner" to those that were home schooled ).
Tututut. Evidently thou didst not read my other post...

I am going to see Domingo in "Die Walkure" this summer, so there (Why doesn't this programme support Umlauts? )
Old May 11th 2005, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

dclay is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not your opinion that "ruffle feathers" it's your offensive remarks and your direct ignorant attacks on others that have different opinions than yours.

I have made the horrible (apparently) mistake of making a comment on a post that was made last year....and wow - did I open a can of worms. Mainly from people that hang out here quite a bit...

I am NOT an agoraphobic mother. Once again an ignorant comment made from an ignorant person. My children are world travelers and have possibly experienced more in their lifetime than you. They definitely have more social skills and manners than you...Oh, and to disprove your theory - we don't follow any religious organizations....not from a bible belt AND we are very open minded and believe in equality..My kids are tolerant and don't discriminate against race, cultures, size, sex..etc. They know what it feels like to be in a foreign country and not speak the language....learn the language...Don't judge what you don't know! You must be a product of the public school system....

Done what? Voiced an opinion?

Excuse me for having thoughts on this subject. Oh that's right, if I don't have kids that I'm home schooling then my opinion means nothing. Well pardon me.

I'm sorry if my opinion ruffles your feathers but I don't agree with home schooling....period. You can spout facts and figures all you want to. I just don't agree with it.

When will these home schooling advocates realize that posting long winded essays won't change my focus on the matter?

If it works for you, pat yourself on the back for being a good parent and ignore opinions of people like me.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Wow - and you should be proud of your useless 2,534 posts...equally worthless..see ya

A total of 9 posts, and all worthless. Bye bye.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Nice to see you're supporting your buddy....very witty..

Originally Posted by Bob
joined in Jan, and that's all you've figured out about this place with your 9 posts...oh well...
Old May 11th 2005, 11:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dclay
Don't want to gang up on you, but why don't you try and get a feel for this place before sticking your head above the parapet?

Just a suggestion, as they say...
Old May 11th 2005, 11:50 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

It's not your opinion that "ruffle feathers" it's your offensive remarks and your direct ignorant attacks on others that have different opinions than yours.

I have made the horrible (apparently) mistake of making a comment on a post that was made last year....and wow - did I open a can of worms. Mainly from people that hang out here quite a bit...

I am NOT an agoraphobic mother. Once again an ignorant comment made from an ignorant person. My children are world travelers and have possibly experienced more in their lifetime than you. They definitely have more social skills and manners than you...Oh, and to disprove your theory - we don't follow any religious organizations....not from a bible belt AND we are very open minded and believe in equality..My kids are tolerant and don't discriminate against race, cultures, size, sex..etc. They know what it feels like to be in a foreign country and not speak the language....learn the language...Don't judge what you don't know! You must be a product of the public school system....
Unfortunately, it also works the other way around. I could cry like a baby and say that I am being attacked also for my opinion. I don't.

Want to know why?

Because different people on this forum have different opinions. Something you failed to realize when you joined and started accusing long time members of being ignorant. You demonstrated a lack of intolerance immediately. Such an example of a home schooling success.

izibear supports home schooling.

I don't.

Nothing unusual here. Two different people sharing two different views.

And I say again, if home schooling works for you, pat yourself on the back for being a good parent and ignore opinions of people like me. Why get so hostile about something that is working for you? Why should my opinion account?

Get over your self, stop being a drama queen and make up your mind as to whether you are staying or going.

You can scream “ignorant” all you want (and boy, you do it a lot) but you’re not presenting any worth while arguments. According to you, if you don’t agree with home schooling, you’re ignorant. Oh, the hypocrisy.

And to answer your final question, I am not a result of public school so don’t judge what you don’t know.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:51 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - and you should be proud of your useless 2,534 posts...equally worthless..see ya
Running out of comments I see. Oh dear.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:53 pm
Homebody

\... Oh, the hypocrisy...
Quite!

Now let's all take some time out and listen to "Don Giovanni"
Old May 11th 2005, 11:53 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have anything worth saying? You just waltz on in and start shooting crap everywhere. About time you followed through with your words and got lost, IMVHO. Maybe join an anger support group, or something.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:54 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
I am going to see Domingo in "Die Walkure" this summer, so there (Why doesn't this programme support Umlauts? )
You maybe surprised to read that you have made me jealous
Old May 11th 2005, 11:56 pm
Homebody

You maybe surprised to read that you have made me jealous
Why would I be surprised?

I'll also be seeing Otello, Rigoletto and Mitridate Re di Ponto.

Have yet to check out the ENO...
Old May 11th 2005, 11:56 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by izibear
No, it is not apart, it is part of our language arts curriculum.....
Touche. Missed that one. Bugger
Old May 12th 2005, 12:00 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Incoming!
Old May 12th 2005, 12:05 am
Just Joined

I really don't care what your opinion is on homeschooling. Just as you have a different opinion - so do I. Unfortunately, you attack, are rude and nasty to those who disagree with you....I have read a few of your posts and you come across as very sarcastic...really not very nice at all.

Anyways....enough of this...bye

Running out of comments I see. Oh dear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.