Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hmmm..driving license question..yet another!!

Hmmm..driving license question..yet another!!

Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hmmm..driving license question..yet another!!

Still waiting for my DL card to arrive. It has been 4 weeks.

Our driver license system is currently transitioning to a new system that has delayed the mailing of recently issued driver licenses and identification cards. Due to this delay, we ask that you allow 4 to 6 weeks for the delivery of your driver license or identification card. The 60 day temporary driving permit provided to you in the driver license office will provide proof of licensure until you are in receipt of your driver license. If you renewed or applied for an address change online, the 45 day temporary driver permit will also provide proof of licensure. We recognize that this may cause an inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this period. Please know that all measures are being taken to ensure customer requests are being processed as timely as possible
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kar98
And to put all the confusion to rest:
If you show up with an actual green card, TX DPS will issue you a regular TX drivers' license, in the proper format, without any special markings on it.

Looks like this:

Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:01 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

If you show up with an actual green card, TX DPS will issue you a regular TX drivers' license, in the proper format, without any special markings on it.

Looks like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lm2JI7sGwY...New+Tex+DL.jpg
I didn't think that there was any confusion on this point? It's been clear from the start that the new rules only apply to those with temporary status, not citizens or LPRs.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

mine arrived about 5 weeks after I went in...was about to give up hope and was dreading going in to explain that it hadn't arrived
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean yours arrived?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Does that mean yours arrived?
Yes, it does
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it does
So four weeks to the day, nearly. Who's a lucky fellow?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I didn't think that there was any confusion on this point? It's been clear from the start that the new rules only apply to those with temporary status, not citizens or LPRs.
Sorry. Wrong board. I was thinking of this thread:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...ic=166494&st=0
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:46 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry. Wrong board. I was thinking of this thread:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...ic=166494&st=0
Wow! Now there was a shit load of confusion on that thread...

I did like your "There, are you done outraging? Good." comment, though.