Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport for Parent and Kids Question

Passport for Parent and Kids Question

Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport for Parent and Kids Question

I and my family live in the US, my wife is a US citizen but the kids through me are British citizens. I need to renew my UK passport and also apply for the kids first UK passport.

The back up needed for all three is roughly the same and I know I can't submit photocopies of documents, my birth cert for instance. What I wondered was whether I could combine the application and submit all three with one bundle of back-up or as this involves some sort of additional work/common sense is this not a good idea. I know I'll probably end up with nothing processed if I did that.

I would call but the telephone numbers are outrageously expensive.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Passport for Parent and Kids Question

Originally Posted by Pauljarv
What I wondered was whether I could combine the application and submit all three with one bundle of back-up.
Yes.

Dean
Old Jun 7th 2009, 9:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport for Parent and Kids Question

Originally Posted by British Consul
Yes.

Dean
And on a similar topic, could you also bundle together the application for a consular birth certificate at the same time or is that really something for a local consulate?
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
And on a similar topic, could you also bundle together the application for a consular birth certificate at the same time or is that really something for a local consulate?
Yes you can, but it's only done by the Consular Section at the British Embassy in Washington.

Dean
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by British Consul
Yes.

Dean
That's great thanks. Should I put a cover letter on and explain what's in the bundle or will that confuse?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pauljarv
That's great thanks. Should I put a cover letter on and explain what's in the bundle or will that confuse?
Depends on what's in the bundle. If you're looking for a consular birth certificate too, send it to the "Consular Section" at the British Embassy (same address as passport centre) with a note explaining. If it's just passports, they should be able to work it out at the Passports Centre.

Dean

Last edited by British Consul; Jun 10th 2009 at 10:17 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

THanks again, it's just the 3 passports, I think I'll put a cover note on just in case.