Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hemel Hempstead explosions

Hemel Hempstead explosions

Old Dec 12th 2005, 6:06 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hemel Hempstead explosions

Originally Posted by Chorlton
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4517962.stm

Doesnt look good from the description...

And now this:
"Several other neighbours said they did see a plane go into the depot."
Yeah, it was a CIA piloted plane on a rendition flight sneaking a quick touch down to refuel.

Other witnesses sporting red hats insisted it was Father Christmas picking the wrong spot to test-land his new sleigh.

An astronomer has suggested that it was neither of the above, but a meteorite the size of a large dog, which hit one of the 3 million gallon fuel tanks, hence the initial "big bang", which could be heard a hundred miles away.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:36 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by franc11s
Wally world rules, right.. glad Tesco's is 24x7, else where else can we get cheap beer (perfume, aftershave, plonk and LUXURY prepared meals )..
Wally world.... where else can you go in and buy underwear, baseball caps, 2 packets of choc chip cookies, an armchair, a garden sprinkler, 3 bottles of shampoo, some dog food and a 12 gauge shotgun all in one store... Even TESCO doesn't let you do all that..... (although I miss their chocolate croissants)......

OK - So, does anyone mind if I sell tickets for Rushman vs Franc11s... I Might make some money outta this scrap.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:18 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by User Name
Yeah, it was a CIA piloted plane on a rendition flight sneaking a quick touch down to refuel.

Other witnesses sporting red hats insisted it was Father Christmas picking the wrong spot to test-land his new sleigh.

An astronomer has suggested that it was neither of the above, but a meteorite the size of a large dog, which hit one of the 3 million gallon fuel tanks, hence the initial "big bang", which could be heard a hundred miles away.

I think theres more to it than that :scared:
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

I think theres more to it than that :scared:
I think bush blew it up to gain support for his war on hertfordshire, and to remove all weapons of chav destruction and remove the evil ruler, hertfordshire county council.

I believe Bush is currently consulting teh catholic church on the best possible pull out stratergy!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:00 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave

OK - So, does anyone mind if I sell tickets for Rushman vs Franc11s... I Might make some money outta this scrap.

We haven't even talked about the other parts of Hemel - buses, the 'emel' market, the language, the NTLworld cracked pavements, satellite dishes taped to the roof (yes tape), rip-off parking charges (and hitler like traffic wardens), $5 an hour to park at the hospital (although you can't have a baby there now, you have to travel to up-scale SN'ALBANS, the informative (not) local gazette, the "nottinghill" carnival (hah hah) or the 3 hills that become mud slides when we have a little snow....

Of course as well, staying very seasonal, the Christmas lights on mid-terrace houses that brighten the WHOLE place up (only factually speaking)......

Rushman - bring it on.......
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:06 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
I believe Bush is currently consulting teh catholic church on the best possible pull out stratergy!
Duh, everyone, even blondes, know that's coitus interruptus!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:08 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
1.93 yesterday, Westminster.

No not that one.
We've been hovering around the $2 mark. In fact, this was credited for Bush's improved approval rating (35% to 40%) along with "growing candour" about Iraq ("we're getting the shit beat out of us all right").
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:10 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We've been hovering around the $2 mark. In fact, this was credited for Bush's improved approval rating (35% to 40%) along with "growing candour" about Iraq ("we're getting the shit beat out of us all right").

Are you suggesting the sudden drop from $3 to $2 means that the price of gas is completely fixed and the government is able to change the price at will?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:11 pm
Lapine Member

Are you suggesting the sudden drop from $3 to $2 means that the price of gas is completely fixed and the government is able to change the price at will?
Either the populace at large believes that, or they just get less ornery about everything when their wallet's fatter.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Yes apparently and on a near by council estate several priceless collections of momentos from the Balearics and Spanish Costa's were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giro arrived.

Herts FM (County Radio Station) reported that hundreds of residents were
confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that
something interesting had happened in Hemel.

One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was
such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom
crying. My youngest two Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all.

"I was still shaking when I was watching "Trisha" half an hour later."

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as
normal.The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of
Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large
quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from
Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from Pound lane.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those
unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most
sought after, items most needed include:

* Fila or Burberry baseball caps

* Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers)

* Shell suits (female)

* White sport socks

* Rockport boots

* Any other items usually sold in Primark

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Required foodstuffs include:

* Microwave meals

* Tins of baked beans

* Ice cream

* Cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms, $2 buys chips,
crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9, $5 will pay for a packet of
B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

**Breaking News**

Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in Claret. "Where are
you bleeding from?" they asked. "Watford" said the girl, "woss that got to
do wiv it?"
great balls of fire!!!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:36 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by englishnurse
great balls of fire!!!
Literally ! .......