Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hemel Hempstead explosions

Hemel Hempstead explosions

Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Hemel Hempstead explosions

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
They say it's done 6 million quids worth of improvements to Hemel.
Yes apparently and on a near by council estate several priceless collections of momentos from the Balearics and Spanish Costa's were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giro arrived.

Herts FM (County Radio Station) reported that hundreds of residents were
confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that
something interesting had happened in Hemel.

One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was
such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom
crying. My youngest two Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all.

"I was still shaking when I was watching "Trisha" half an hour later."

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as
normal.The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of
Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large
quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from
Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from Pound lane.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those
unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most
sought after, items most needed include:

* Fila or Burberry baseball caps

* Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers)

* Shell suits (female)

* White sport socks

* Rockport boots

* Any other items usually sold in Primark

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Required foodstuffs include:

* Microwave meals

* Tins of baked beans

* Ice cream

* Cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms, $2 buys chips,
crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9, $5 will pay for a packet of
B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

**Breaking News**

Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in Claret. "Where are
you bleeding from?" they asked. "Watford" said the girl, "woss that got to
do wiv it?"

Last edited by rushman; Dec 11th 2005 at 6:49 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Oh well, $2 odd a gallon was nice while it lasted
petrol going up because of the cost of heating oil and it taking over production...which is an arse because it had gone down to $2.15G in town, for about a day, now back to usual $2.20 *l*
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
petrol going up because of the cost of heating oil and it taking over production...which is an arse because it had gone down to $2.15G in town, for about a day, now back to usual $2.20 *l*
In Maine maybe. in the Adirondacks its between $2.40 to $2.60 a gallon
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:25 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

That's almost Alaska
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
That's almost Alaska
Alaska?? It's almost Siberia
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:09 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Yes apparently and on a near by council estate several priceless collections of momentos from the Balearics and Spanish Costa's were damaged beyond repair.. blah blah blah
I am insulted. I and my family are from Hemel. My sister called me at 8am this morning (bloody cow woke me up but that is beside the point) and told me her loft (attic) door fell off and her book shelf collapsed on the floor (I didn't know she could read either but that too is beside the point).

You see there is nothing wrong with Hemel and to prove it.. ask any American if they have heard of Hemel Hempstead and they will tell you... YES.. it's the place the blew up today.. see, we are famous even.

We take great offence from people who talk about hemel as if it is a place from the back and beyond (so what if it is), and we have just about had e-nuff of it.

I lived in Hemel since I woz seven (born in Brighton) and moved to the USA when I was 32. We go back 2 or 3 times a year (and fxxk knows why) and it is nice to see the family and frequent one of the lovely restaurants (one of the 120 Indian restaurants anyway).

So, to say I am insulted is an understatement. I thought I was the only one that had the same view of Hemel as you. Now I am, sadly, not alone in that thought
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by franc11s
I am insulted. I and my family are from Hemel.

So, to say I am insulted is an understatement. I thought I was the only one that had the same view of Hemel as you. Now I am, sadly, not alone in that thought
If my post offended you I humbly apologise. However, I must point out that I was refering to the council estates of Hemel. I, in no way, was refering to the posher area's of Hemel where people actually get out of the bath to piss instead of pissing in a sponge and just squeezing it over the sink.

Your servant Sir.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

ouch...the in-laws had petrol for $2.07...and BIL was saying in NH, it was $1.99G...the git.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:45 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

If my post offended you I humbly apologise. However, I must point out that I was refering to the council estates of Hemel. I, in no way, was refering to the posher area's of Hemel where people actually get out of the bath to piss instead of pissing in a sponge and just squeezing it over the sink.

Your servant Sir.
We don't accept appolgies. Meet you at Wally world at Dawn for a scrap - (I'll still be up, pissing up the side of the Kebab van then) ;_) One who uses the most 'f' words wins..
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
ouch...the in-laws had petrol for $2.07...and BIL was saying in NH, it was $1.99G...the git.
Suppose the "no sales tax' in NH helps there with gas prices.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

WE don't accept appolgies. Meet you at Wally world at Dawn for a scrap - (I'll still be up, pissing up the side of the Kebab van then) ;_) One who uses the most 'f' words wins..
Oh I see how you are. Coming teamed up are ya?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:00 am
Pass me the Marmite..

Oh I see how you are. Coming teamed up are ya?
Wally world rules, right.. glad Tesco's is 24x7, else where else can we get cheap beer (perfume, aftershave, plonk and LUXURY prepared meals )..
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:39 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
We managed 2.01 for a whole day. Its up to 2.12 now.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:43 am
Account Closed

glad Tesco's is 24x7, else where else can we get cheap beer (perfume, aftershave, plonk and LUXURY prepared meals )..
If you're quick you might still be able to get all that free in New Orleans
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

1.93 yesterday, Westminster.

No not that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.