Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello from NC

Hello from NC

Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:15 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from NC

Originally Posted by Tazley
New member to the Forum originating from London via Florida and Asheville N.C.

We are at the early stages of looking at the Lake Norman area (cornelius) any fellow Brits located in that part of the World?
Just south of you in the Lake Wylie area.

Welcome to BE.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Tazley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue and Thanks.

Do you know much about Cornelius? - we are just at the early stages of having a look around there - rented a Jet Ski their last weekend, coming from Florida we miss the water and my wife feels a little land locked in Asheville, hence our investigations of homes on Lake Norman.

In general we quiet like the feel of Charlotte from what I have seen, although we have only visited a few times - seems to have a cosmopolitan feel without being to large.

Early days for us but we have been pleased with our impressions so far.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

lavenderbud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Im from the UK and iM based in Kernersville. Have made a good friend whose British from Kernersville too. Would love to meet more Brits so feels free to drop us a note and see if can all meet up!

Jasmin
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

candyfloss is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking for friends still in NC , in the outer Banks area a place called Grandy in Currituck county ! Anyone at all near me
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: looking for Brits near Greensboro NC

hi,

im here and staying for now! EEk, a new recruit, would love to meet you and many other ex pats, just makes it easier when you have your own around
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

you're a bit far from the Triad but thats not to say we could'nt meet up. I llive in Kernersville near Greensboro.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

its been hard but the people are very friendly and I do like it here but it does help when you have a few British friends around
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant future

Welcome to NC.

I am from Efland/Mebane (in between Durham and Greensborough) work in Durham though.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:51 pm
Paul NC

paulNC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I am British and in Concorde.
Paul
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi Paul

what brings you to the US? Ive been here nearly 7 months. It hasnt been easy being away from home but I suppose you have to make the effort to make friends and adjust.

I'm a designer and interior decorator. I met Tim in London through my brother, before you know it i'm living here. We are in Kernersville near Greensboro. We're about an hour away from Concorde. I went to Concorde about to the mall there and to see Avatar.
Benn to a few states but still so much to see of the states. Miss the family back home and would like to meet more brits here.

hope to hear from you soon

Jasmin
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:46 am
Paul NC

paulNC is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Me and my wife are in the concord area, she use to live in Lake Norman, we now reside in Concord.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, didn't realize there are so many expats in NC! I've been to many of the states and hope to eventually retire in the US. NC seems to have it all but I particularly like the east coast region, especially a little town called New Bern. What a little jewel, reminds me of some place in england. I like the fact that it's close to the ocean since I like sport fishing, but still far enough away to avoid the tourist crowd during the summer. Any of you guys been there, what are your thoughts.

http://www.visitnewbern.com/index.php?s=home&p=home
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

EErrrm,, NO!!, I miss my family and friends likw mad. Ive been here 7 months and its hard, bloody hard. Ive met som Brits that live near in my town, but you know everyones got things to do and you get to miss your own.
Where abouts are you based? Im in Kernersville near Greensboro. Would be nice to hear from you.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

djh_958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I was starting to think I was the only one down here. I'm over on the coast near east of New Bern.

Dave
Old Apr 7th 2010, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Foreign Redneck is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to live in South Carolina but now live in Virginia.
But i get down to North and South Carolina quite often.

So if there's anyone in the in the York area of SC,
or the Gastonia, Shelby or Kings Mountain area of NC.

Or even in the Roanoke area of VA. Feel free to hit me up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.