Hello all

Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:43 am
Just Joined

celticwarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello all

Heres a thought......
if you buy a house in the US, does it help with your immigration prospects.

if it doesn't Can you buy a house there without being a resident ( Holiday home) and stay there for X amount of days (without working)

Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celticwarrior
Heres a thought......

if it doesn't Can you buy a house there without being a resident ( Holiday home) and stay there for X amount of days (without working)

Owning property will not help you with immigration. You can stay no more than 90 days.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

........ fed up with cold damp weather in Ireland have decided o try somewhere like Florida ( but open to ideas and sugestions).....
I totally understand.

Nothing to add other then to wish you good luck.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a thought......

No.

Sure thing. All it takes is money. Up to 90 days on the VWP. If they let you in.

My comments in red.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

basically what we are asking is for help and advice about visas, places to live and schooling and work oppurtunities.. we have been reading these posts for a while and we thought if we throw this into the public domain we could get first hand advice and suggestions from people on the ground who have had experiences that can be related too.
Ooh, if you'd been reading you would have seen that the answer is *always* "sort the visa out FIRST". It doesn't matter where you want to live, it matters where you may live.
Considering that, it makes more sense for you to post your request in the
US Immigration and Visas forum, but I suggest you do a little more research beforehand.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Morag McDoogal will become famous soon enoughMorag McDoogal will become famous soon enough

The OP has 3 businesses already in Ireland... that could present a possible visa opportunity. Also, doesn't cost $500k to invest in a business unless they are only looking at visas which could lead to greencard. E2 a possibility but kids will age out at 21 and given their ages, this would be a problem sooner rather than later.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:42 am
Just Joined

troglodyfae is an unknown quantity at this point

Spain will be a heck of a lot easier to immigrate to.
That might be so but as far as getting work in Spain....think again. I live in Spain and have done for over 10 years, and I have lived in many different areas of Spain. If you have to work which clearly you do having a young family, then you are going to struggle. Even pensioners who retired to Spain are having a struggle making their pensions stretch, and it really is just those with some considerable income/savings, that are able to maintain a reasonable lifestyle. As for red tape, the Spanish are past masters, and the Spanish paper trail is legendary.

I am not against Spain, I love the country with a passion, but I am not blind to the shortcomings, and have seen many a young family coming to live the dream and then leaving in despair. I am hanging on by the seat of my knickers
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
Florida is the USA's London. What i mean by that is when Americans talk about England they always mention London. When People in the UK visit the US its always Florida.
You get me ?
I know... I kinda sorta said it tongue in cheek... stick around you will see we get alot of Shaz and Baz went to Disney World and to know how to emigrate there.