Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow

Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow

Originally Posted by wildmark
The streets are 'too dirty', customer service is 'just rubbish' and the weather is 'cold and depressing'.

She is actually spot on!
When you get to whare you want to be and everything is sunshine and F**king lollypop's, let's hope your happy. By the way do you call yourself an Englishmen.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

On the rare occasions I have opened the Daily Mail, all I've seen is a litany of how crap Britain is. They should be happy she is agreeing with them.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britvic
When you get to whare you want to be and everything is sunshine and F**king lollypop's, let's hope your happy. By the way do you call yourself an Englishmen.

Now is there any need for that..swearing, you have your view I have mine.

You should perhaps buy a dictionary and maybe you could learn a few more words, the F word is not a sign of high intelligence!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:18 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
yeah, but you would though still wouldn't you lads eh?
You would, really?

She's not totally minging but she's got all the sex appeal of a turd in my opinion. I don't think anyone could describe her as 'sexy' but each to his own I suppose.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
She's not totally minging
that basically fulfills the criteria I have.

Last edited by Manc; Oct 19th 2005 at 3:26 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:21 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
thet basically fulfills the criteria I have.
So you'd do her even though she's got an ironing board for a chest?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Having not read the article and given the place it has been raised, the ultra right wing rag "the Mail" where nothing that isn't British is savaged, then I can imagine that these snippets have been taken out of all context.

Her comments on what to bring if you are visiting the UK, seem sensible

"Bring a raincoat, definitely!" she said. "Or at least a little umbrella that can fit in your bag, because it always does rain. The best thing for London, even if you're going in the summer, is to bring a little cashmere sweater or a pashmina because it gets really cold unexpectedly."

I do the exact same thing if I am travelling to the UK in the summer.

The streets of most of London are filthy as are the many of streets in the UK. I use notice the litter before I left but even more so since moving over here.

On my 6 week trip back, 2 yrs ago, I found it frustrating that all the shops closed at between 5 and 6pm because I had gotten use to shop being open until 10pm over here.

Given this was an interview and she was probably asked to give her views on the UK, she is entitled to say what she wants.

"She admits that after years of finding Britain 'cold and depressing' she has grown to like it"

When I am asked by an american whether I like the US, whether I intend to stay, I tell them the truth. The US is OK but I have no intention of staying here, there are too many things that drive me nuts about the place. If they asked what things drive me nuts, I will tell them, health care, the politics, schooling etc etc but not to take in personally.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
So you'd do her even though she's got an ironing board for a chest?
Silicon would be her best friend if I was her boyfriend
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jjmb
Having not read the article and given the place it has been raised, the ultra right wing rag "the Mail" where nothing that isn't British is savaged, then I can imagine that these snippets have been taken out of all context.

Her comments on what to bring if you are visiting the UK, seem sensible

"Bring a raincoat, definitely!" she said. "Or at least a little umbrella that can fit in your bag, because it always does rain. The best thing for London, even if you're going in the summer, is to bring a little cashmere sweater or a pashmina because it gets really cold unexpectedly."

I do the exact same thing if I am travelling to the UK in the summer.

The streets of most of London are filthy as are the many of streets in the UK. I use notice the litter before I left but even more so since moving over here.

On my 6 week trip back, 2 yrs ago, I found it frustrating that all the shops closed at between 5 and 6pm because I had gotten use to shop being open until 10pm over here.

Given this was an interview and she was probably asked to give her views on the UK, she is entitled to say what she wants.

"She admits that after years of finding Britain 'cold and depressing' she has grown to like it"

When I am asked by an american whether I like the US, whether I intend to stay, I tell them the truth. The US is OK but I have no intention of staying here, there are too many things that drive me nuts about the place. If they asked what things drive me nuts, I will tell them, health care, the politics, schooling etc etc but not to take in personally.

You're right the mail is a rag run by right wing do gooders but all newspapers are guilty of taking comments out of context.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Now is there any need for that..swearing, you have your view I have mine.

You should perhaps buy a dictionary and maybe you could learn a few more words, the F word is not a sign of high intelligence!
Oh pleeeeease it's just a saying
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh pleeeeease it's just a saying
Oh that's ok then, seems to me YOU can say what you want, when anyone says anything contary you jump all over them, the sooner you hit these shores the better, give it six months and you WILL have a very different outlook on the UK, and yes I am an Englishman and proud of it, maybe I should put on the rose tinted glasses and I would feel better.

Mark
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:43 pm
Banned

Oh that's ok then, seems to me YOU can say what you want, when anyone says anything contary you jump all over them, the sooner you hit these shores the better, give it six months and you WILL have a very different outlook on the UK, and yes I am an Englishman and proud of it, maybe I should put on the rose tinted glasses and I would feel better.

Mark
Aren't Canada and America completely different countries with completely different approaches to life and how to live it?

There are also Indian restaurants on every corner in Canadian cities I'm told, you lucky git!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

uktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to all

customer service is just rubbish in England
True... While I dislike this woman, she is a quite right on the points that make England suck.. Bad customer service, messy streets, bad air quality... She doesn't notice the other things like expensive food, clothes and electrical items because she is a millionaire
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mark
I agree I know I'll feel alote better Just remember you on the Photo thread "moveing back to UK" that's all, let's just leave it at that neither one of us are happy whare we are.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:27 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Hypocrisy alert: The Daily Mail doesn't like somebody else slagging Britain off because that's their job. Every time I've been unfortunate enough to glimpse their nauseating excuse for a newspaper I've noticed all they ever do is run the place down. Well if they think Gwynneth should love it or leave it let's see them follow their own advice. Britain would be a better place if the people responsibe for the Daily Mail ****ed off somewhere else, preferably to a different planet altogether.

And yes Manc, I would.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.