Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gwyneth Paltrow

Wikiposts

Gwyneth Paltrow

Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:33 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice
Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Are they hounding you for interview?

Again, who cares what she thinks? She's just one little person. You are giving her way too much import by even quoting the article. If she were talking about politics or social issues, I might be interested. Anybody who's main concerns in life are (1)the weather and (2)the service they get in shops (3) what fruit to name their baby after..... I really don't pay a lot of attention too. The people that base their opinions and/or travel plans on the complaints of vapid celebrities are really beyond help anyway.
Thats quite true I forgot about those who believe the characters of Eastenders are actually real people...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:36 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Who cares what Gwyneth cunting Paltrow says or thinks? These spoilt bastards are on a completely different planet to normal everyday human beings, next she will be doing the mandatory ' Work on my latest movie was sooo difficult because ................. blah blah - boo ****ing hoo at $10M per movie or whatever............
got it in one! David Spade was taking the piss out of her..whinging about how she could never imaging working 12 hour days (filming) now that she has a kid...hello...welcome to reality biatch!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:38 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this site not called 'Britishexpats.com?' The title of this forum would suggest (to me at least) that its purpose is to allow 'British expats' to talk about the differences between British life and life in other countries.
I realise that some Americans do indeed post here but in so doing they must realise that they are going to come across Oooh I don't know, perhaps a few temporarily disgruntled British Expats?
Absolutely. I don't deny anybody's right to have a moan on here. Heaven know's I've done it myself often enough. I was simply pointing out that you were wrong when you said you don't rant around Americans because you've been here long enough to realise that there are American posters on here.

As for 'not doing it face to face' well lets face it Gwyneth IS delivering a slap to the face to every Brit because she made her comments to a magazine - knowing full well that the comments would then be reported in the newspapers - I am posting my comments regarding things that irritate me about America in the Britishexpats.com forum, which I hardly think is must read material for most Americans.
A "slap to the face"?? LMFAO! If that's the worst she has to offer, I fancy my chances in a mud wrestling bout with her.

If the British population is so upset about what she has said, maybe people's energy would be better spent fixing the problems she has mentioned (apart from the weather of course) rather than acting all shocked and horrified that she might actually dare to criticise a country she has chosen to move to.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:38 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
got it in one! David Spade was taking the piss out of her..whinging about how she could never imaging working 12 hour days (filming) now that she has a kid...hello...welcome to reality biatch!
You think she named her kid after a fruit because she's such a vegetable?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:40 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

You think she named her kid after a fruit because she's such a vegetable?
lets play a game...first one to mention a GOOD movie she's been in wins a $100........

p.s wintersong shallow hal does not count because Jack black carried the movie

Last edited by Celtic_Angel; Oct 19th 2005 at 7:43 am.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:40 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
lets play a game...first one to mention a GODD movie she's been in wins a $100........
Is GODD some kind of acronym?

Ghastly overrated dire drivel?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:41 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Is GODD some kind of acronym?

Ghastly overrated dire drivel?
Oh, and if that's the case, I nominate Shallow Hal. Can I have my $100 cheque in the next post please?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:46 am
Banned

Absolutely. I don't deny anybody's right to have a moan on here. Heaven know's I've done it myself often enough. I was simply pointing out that you were wrong when you said you don't rant around Americans because you've been here long enough to realise that there are American posters on here.

I've only been here a few weeks and the only american I've seen is Ameralisa (sp?) so far...

A "slap to the face"?? LMFAO! If that's the worst she has to offer, I fancy my chances in a mud wrestling bout with her.

If the British population is so upset about what she has said, maybe people's energy would be better spent fixing the problems she has mentioned (apart from the weather of course) rather than acting all shocked and horrified that she might actually dare to criticise a country she has chosen to move to.
Perhaps her time would be better spent pissing off back to America rather than bitching to magazines?
What annoys me most of all about her comments is that fact that having used living in Britain to get some street cred for a couple of years she is now slagging it off, she should make her mind up is it 'cool Britania' as she gushed a few years ago, or is it 'crap Britania?'
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:52 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Perhaps her time would be better spent pissing off back to America rather than bitching to magazines?
What annoys me most of all about her comments is that fact that having used living in Britain to get some street cred for a couple of years she is now slagging it off, she should make her mind up is it 'cool Britania' as she gushed a few years ago, or is it 'crap Britania?'
But when people come on here and suggest that our time would be better spent pissing back off to the UK rather than bitching on expat forums, they get treated to a deluge of abuse.

If the magazine didn't want negative comments about the UK, they shouldn't have asked the questions. Disliking aspects of a country does not mean that you think the whole place is crap - the view that reporters get depends entirely on the questions they ask.

This discussion appears to have turned full circle anyway.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:57 am
Banned

[QUOTE=Celtic_Angel] lets play a game...first one to mention a GOOD movie she's been in wins a $100........

Hmmm, what about Sliding Doors? That wasn't so bad...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:02 am
Banned

But when people come on here and suggest that our time would be better spent pissing back off to the UK rather than bitching on expat forums, they get treated to a deluge of abuse.

If the magazine didn't want negative comments about the UK, they shouldn't have asked the questions. Disliking aspects of a country does not mean that you think the whole place is crap - the view that reporters get depends entirely on the questions they ask.

This discussion appears to have turned full circle anyway.
Wintersong may I ask how long you've been in the states?

The reason people get treated to a deluge of abuse is because discussing the differences (good OR bad) is the purpose of this forum!
I don't think america is crap in fact I rather like it, but there are a few things about life here that get on my tits occasionally which is why I will post those comments here with like minded individuals.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:04 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong may I ask how long you've been in the states?

The reason people get treated to a deluge of abuse is because discussing the differences (good OR bad) is the purpose of this forum!
I don't think america is crap in fact I rather like it, but there are a few things about life here that get on my tits occasionally which is why I will post those comments here with like minded individuals.
Answering the questions reporters ask is the purpose of an interview.

I've been here 7 months, why?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think her comments we that far off the mark or particularly offensive.

When I went back to the UK, I went in three different restaurants and got crap service in all of them, plus they charged me at least a quid or half a can of coke

I also thought London was dirty but then again it is a large city and I wasn't too impressed with New York's cleanliness either; perhaps I was spoiled by the Chicago 'burbs.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:11 am
Banned

Answering the questions reporters ask is the purpose of an interview.

Granted but is it neccessary to be quite so scathing particularly as she is well aware the comments will be reported by most British media?

I've been here 7 months, why?
Ah! it all becomes clear, you haven't been here long enough to be homesick yet. I didn't until I'd been here almost a year either - trust me its on the way.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:12 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

When I went back to the UK, I went in three different restaurants and got crap service in all of them, plus they charged me at least a quid or half a can of coke
Not a bad deal really - I'd have given them the half a can of coke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.