Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow

Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:36 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow

She's a spoilt cow. Entitled to her opinion about Britain, just like we're entitled to our opinions of her.

Sexy as a coathanger, talented as a coathanger, and for complaining to a national magazine about her country of residence obviously a lot less smart than a coathanger.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion, the service in the USA is no better than in the UK. In fact, I wonder if some shop staff are making it their crusade to make bad service an "art".

Maybe Gwinnie is finding that shop staff don't fawn over her in the UK just 'cos she's famous. Maybe she expected and received higher service in CA because of her celebrity status.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:52 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, we took many pictures on our recent trip to London, including lots on the Tube (don't ask, my husband likes taking pics of weird stuff).

When showing the pics to my American coworkers, several commented on how clean London looked compared with many US cities.

My guess is that Ms. Paltrow didn't get to see the real America from her limo with the tinted glass or her Hollywood home. At least the ritzy areas of London are a bit more representative.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:54 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

To be honest, the way the sleazy sales people fawn over you here and are at your elbow as soon as you enter their store with their 'anything caught your eye yet?' 'anything I can help you find?' as the rub their hands together, really gets on my nerves.

I just want to scream 'NO **** off and let me LOOK!'
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

she's a moaning minnie..

and no.. i wouldn't... I like meat on the bones and I aint into vacuum venting.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:04 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
right wing do gooders
Isn't that a contradiction? The Mail routinely uses "do-gooder" as an insult - presumably "do-eviller" would be a compliment in Mailworld.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Like Madonna and all the other millionaire and billionaire American showbiz set currently installed in the UK, she is only here because of the Republican Party's power in the US. If we see Democrats in the White House in 2008 she will get on her private jet and go back to the US. They are using Britain to make a political statement that their prissy spoilt arses are above conservative politics.

Just wait and watch.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:08 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Originally Posted by nxylas
Isn't that a contradiction? The Mail routinely uses "do-gooder" as an insult - presumably "do-eviller" would be a compliment in Mailworld.
They use 'do gooder' as an insult, really? I wouldn't know I very rarely read it. A friend of mine alerted me to the article this morning.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:42 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

An arsehole In Law family member of mine made a comment when they saw parts of England on the Kate Winslet American Express advert, he said, eeewww England looks really dirty. I thought, you try living somewhere that's over a 1000 years old & see how it looks then. There are places in Phoenix that are 30 years old & are all boarded up, because no one wants to bother with the upkeep of it. I wish he could be around to see what it looks like here in a 1000 years! This guy is an arsehole that's never really been anywhere, although he'd remind me that he's been just over the border to Mexico!!! I guess that makes him a friggin' world traveller!

Sorry about that, had to vent, the guy really $#%&'s me off!

Last edited by Partystar; Oct 19th 2005 at 5:56 am.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:48 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Silicon would be her best friend if I was her boyfriend
Get it right, it's saline now!!!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:53 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Celsius
Maybe Gwinnie is finding that shop staff don't fawn over her in the UK just 'cos she's famous. Maybe she expected and received higher service in CA because of her celebrity status.
Good point!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:54 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tableland
Like Madonna and all the other millionaire and billionaire American showbiz set currently installed in the UK, she is only here because of the Republican Party's power in the US. If we see Democrats in the White House in 2008 she will get on her private jet and go back to the US. They are using Britain to make a political statement that their prissy spoilt arses are above conservative politics.

Just wait and watch.

I thought it had more to do with them both having British husbands.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:57 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Bugger, I used to like her too! What a spoilt cow!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:58 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Partystar
An arsehole In Law family member of mine made a comment when they saw parts of England on the Kate Winslet American Express advert, he said, eeewww England looks really dirty. I thought, you try living somewhere that's over a 1000 years old & see how it looks then. There are places in Phoenix that are 30 years old & are all boarded up, because no one wants to bother with the upkeep of it. I wish he could be around to see what it looks like here in a 1000 years! This guy is an arsehole that's never really been anywhere, although he'd remind me that he's been just over the border to Mexico!!! I guess that makes him a friggin' world traveller!

Sorry about that, had to vent, the guy really $#%&'s me off!
Well shyte, that advert takes place in Camden for gawd's sake. Of course it's dirty.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 6:00 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Well shyte, that advert takes place in Camden for gawd's sake. Of course it's dirty.
Yeah, but I still love it! Wooohooo England baby! At least it's got some history older than 40 years!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.