Guns?

Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guns?

Originally Posted by ImHere
But New York has extremely tough gun control laws...how can all these shootings be happening?
Probably because criminals will always get guns anyway.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Piccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dant3
The jeans thing is hilarious. Where I live, you don't see real gang members, just asian teenagers wishing they were. Every day I see some 16 year old kid getting out of his tricked out purple and yellow Honda Civic with the 12 inch spoiler, jeans midway round the thigh, checked boxers for all to see. It looks so ****** ridiculous! What's going through their minds when they get dressed on a morn.

(I've just realised I sound like I'm 50! :scared: )

Cannot believe what I am reading. Sorry to come in on this thread but it appears that gun crime ie the killing of fellow human beings has now become acceptable. It should never be acceptable and if you start to take it all for granted where will it end?

(Having read quite a number of novels, based in the future in the US where marauding gangs roam it would appear it is not such fictional idea)

Heaven help our great grandchildren)
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piccolo
Sorry to come in on this thread but it appears that gun crime ie the killing of fellow human beings has now become acceptable.
I think you're not far from the truth. Running Man isn't too far off.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Cannot believe what I am reading. Sorry to come in on this thread but it appears that gun crime ie the killing of fellow human beings has now become acceptable.
Hold on a mo there, missus, who's saying it's okay to kill people (other than Il Presidente of course, but he doesn't count). The media sensationalise it and the public is horrified by it, but nobody's 'accepting' it. What would you have people do? Grab their kids out of school and lock themselves in the basement just because a drug dealer across town got shot.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Probably because criminals will always get guns anyway.
And they just love anti-gun laws. When will people get it that criminals are not law abiding folks? All the anti-this and anti that laws in the world will not prevent criminals from doing what they do. They just make it easier for them.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

And they just love anti-gun laws. When will people get it that criminals are not law abiding folks? All the anti-this and anti that laws in the world will not prevent criminals from doing what they do. They just make it easier for them.
I agree up to the last point. How do they make it easier for criminals?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Piccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nice

Hold on a mo there, missus, who's saying it's okay to kill people (other than Il Presidente of course, but he doesn't count). The media sensationalise it and the public is horrified by it, but nobody's 'accepting' it. What would you have people do? Grab their kids out of school and lock themselves in the basement just because a drug dealer across town got shot.

you said it yourself 'just because a drug dealer got shot' does he not matter?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:00 pm
ImHere

I agree up to the last point. How do they make it easier for criminals?
Ok, say you are some shitbag with a stolen or home made weapon (not neccesarily a gun, could be a knife, cosh, whatever) and you wander downtown in the evening intent on lightening some innnocent people of their cash. Are you going to feel safer doing this knowing:

A) All the innocent and law abiding people are unarmed and have no way of defending themselves.

B)Theres a bloody good chance that at least one of the innocent citizens you hold up is carrying a gun and you may just end up shot trying to mug them.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I guess you're talking about the anti-gun lobby. Those people are just as stupid as the pro-gun lobby.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

I’ll be the first to agree that every life is important. Unfortunately, my sympathy is not infinite. Several thousand wholly innocent people die painful and unnecessary deaths each day, and I’m afraid the gang-related murder of a local drug dealer isn't qualification enough to jump the sympathy queue.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:02 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I guess you're talking about the anti-gun lobby. Those people are just as stupid as the pro-gun lobby.

Yes and no. Yes it would be a lovely world if there were no weapons. But its not and never will be, so why make laws to only disarm law abiding people?

Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok, say you are some shitbag with a stolen or home made weapon (not neccesarily a gun, could be a knife, cosh, whatever) and you wander downtown in the evening intent on lightening some innnocent people of their cash. Are you going to feel safer doing this knowing:

A) All the innocent and law abiding people are unarmed and have no way of defending themselves.

B)Theres a bloody good chance that at least one of the innocent citizens you hold up is carrying a gun and you may just end up shot trying to mug them.
The trouble is, even with a gun you haven't got a hope anyway once the mugger had pulled the gun. The criminal has the upper hand 99% of the time because they know exactly what they are going to do.

What's needed is a way to address the wider issues related to people mugging each other.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:04 pm
ImHere

I detect the hint of someone who's never had to deal with these people on a day to day basis.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes and no. Yes it would be a lovely world if there were no weapons. But its not and never will be, so why make laws to only disarm law abiding people?
Because you're assuming everyone obeys the law. How many of the gun related homicides were with legal weapons?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

So I'm presuming then that those small midwestern towns in the 19th century, where every man had a gun hanging from his belt, never experienced violence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.