Guns?

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:49 am
ImHere

Default Re: Guns?

Originally Posted by candy wy.
i don't see it as any more of a power trip than someone who carries concealed.
How is that? If you are carrying concealed then no-one knows you have it. Power trips require you to excercise your power over someone, which requires them to know it. If you walked passed me on the street you would never know.
I dont walk around thinking "Ooh ive got a gun on me I must be great". I dont think about it anymore than I do my mobile phone.

I think people telling me I must do this and do that because my opinion differs to theres is far more of a power trip.

Last edited by ImHere; Jun 10th 2005 at 3:51 am.

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:50 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
I dont think about it anymore than I do my mobile phone.

Now I am worried.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
well if they did. they got it wrong..
It was posted a while ago, early last year I think. I pointed out that the firearm ID for IL only requires that you fill in your "immigrant number", and then you can get one.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:52 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Now I am worried.
Sigh. Why is that? Let me guess...I must be a huge danger to everyone around me because I dont think about it once it is made safe.

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:54 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh. Why is that? Let me guess...I must be a huge danger to everyone around me because I dont think about it once it is made safe.
Er, no, I would say you're a huge danger when you forget that the English are devoted to irony.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:56 am
ImHere

Er, no, I would say you're a huge danger when you forget that the English are devoted to irony.

Ack sorry. To many winking smilies and patronising crap on here today (and thats aimed at anyone who used a winking smilly on me - I hate that bastard thing). I lost my normally monumental sense of irony for a moment.

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Now I am worried.
I'd be more worried if he pulled the mobile phone out rather than the gun. Lol, on guard....
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:59 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'd be more worried if he pulled the mobile phone out rather than the gun. Lol, on guard....
Have you seen some of the ancient bricks they are still using round here? Lethal weapons if you ask me.

Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:00 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Guns shmuns.

FFS what is all the brew-ha-ha about?

Have any of the whiners on this thread actually been threatened, or even given reason to worry, by a gun toter?

Christ on a bike!! Guns are no more dangerous than their owners.

I'm more concerned about the fact that there is a driving license available to every Tom, Dick, or Harry, that manages to fumble their way through a driving test.

Pull your heads out folks.... there are much more pressing matters to be concerned with.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Guns shmuns.

Have any of the whiners on this thread actually been threatened, or even given reason to worry, by a gun toter?

I'm more concerned about the fact that there is a driving license available to every Tom, Dick, or Harry, that manages to fumble their way through a driving test.

Pull your heads out folks.... there are much more pressing matters to be concerned with.
Ayyyyyy-men to that. The sound of reason.
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Guns shmuns.

Here we go...

Light the touch paper and stand well back...
ImHere

Guns shmuns.

And there you go. But dont mention dangerous cars Leslie. Please remember these are (mainly) Brits. And Brits and guns go together like, er, two things that dont mix very well.

Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:05 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

How is that? If you are carrying concealed then no-one knows you have it. Power trips require you to excercise your power over someone, which requires them to know it. If you walked passed me on the street you would never know.
I dont walk around thinking "Ooh ive got a gun on me I must be great". I dont think about it anymore than I do my mobile phone.

I think people telling me I must do this and do that because my opinion differs to theres is far more of a power trip.
how do we no how you feel with your concealed gun maybe you get a kick out of it who knows who cares...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:06 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Ayyyyyy-men to that. The sound of reason.
Fuck off. I said cars and drivers were dangerous and it was called rubbish.

Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fuck off. I said cars and drivers were dangerous and it was called rubbish.
Your point: why don't we ban cars because they kill people too
Leslie's point: There are far more pressing matters than people carrying guns, e.g. really, really bad drivers.

Two different things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.