Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Grrr... trying to open UK bank accounts for kids with internet access

Grrr... trying to open UK bank accounts for kids with internet access

Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:08 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrr... trying to open UK bank accounts for kids with internet access

Yes it isnt the law that you cant open accounts in the UK

I wish people would stop posting stuff they know nothing about

jeez talk about barrack room lawyers

I just opened an account with national savings (easy access) - all done by mail from the US

Its uk mainland and bank of england - piece of cake

Also one with the hsbc jersey

my HBOS account in leeds is still open and they send statements to the US and dont deduct UK tax

So you people who say it cant be done - knickers !
Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:59 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrr... trying to open UK bank accounts for kids with internet access

Originally Posted by exvj
Yes it isnt the law that you cant open accounts in the UK

I wish people would stop posting stuff they know nothing about

jeez talk about barrack room lawyers

I just opened an account with national savings (easy access) - all done by mail from the US

Its uk mainland and bank of england - piece of cake

Also one with the hsbc jersey

my HBOS account in leeds is still open and they send statements to the US and dont deduct UK tax

So you people who say it cant be done - knickers !
What is this - blank verse?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:01 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
What is this - blank verse?
whats up - cant you find your specs ?

If english isnt your first language - SI es puede !
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:11 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
whats up - cant you find your specs ?

If english isnt your first language - SI es puede !
That's better. I guess I was thrown off by your lines not having periods at the ends.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by robin1234
That's better. I guess I was thrown off by your lines not having periods at the ends.
At my age I try to avoid being involved with anything that has periods - but I will do a full stop just for you.

It's lovely to have my house money with the Bank of England - I don't even trust them right now.

Royal Bank of Scotland just announced the largest corporate loss in the history of the UK and bank shares like Barclays even are tanking.

I changed a ton of GBP into USD at 2.04 when I came here . If I went back it would be worth a fortune in GBP. But it rains such much I wouldn't be able to see the golden mosque in Bradford clearly - so perhaps not.