Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Goodbye USA!

Goodbye USA!

Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:12 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Goodbye USA!

Originally Posted by Ray
I just think of the big bits ....
it's funny how you read something one way, and then you go back it's worded a little different.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye USA!

Originally Posted by Mallory
it's funny how you read something one way, and then you go back it's worded a little different.
Quite intentional I assure you....
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:33 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Howard1944
Someone is being totally selfish here and putting her wants ahead of her Husbands and her Sons future, who undoubtedly would have a better future in the US.

Divorce is obviously best for both of you, but the lad will be caught in the middle.

The irony is that you may go back to the UK, as many do, then realize that the U.S. has more to offer, but at that point, there may be a chance your Ex may have met someone else.

Good lLuck to both of you, hope the future is all that you expected.
What a crock of shit. You might be able to convince yourself you can live the rest of your life in a place where you're not completely at ease or happy but some of us are abit more honest and true to our feeelings. Furthermore, how is her kid better off in a country with no free healthcare, a general paranoia promoted by its own Government of things foreign and little knowledge or interest in other cultures? Compared to living in a country with free healthcare, true freedom of speech and thought and with Europe on the doorstep. Not to mention a currency that hasnt got its arse falling out of it.

I think the childs future would be far brighter and wider back HOME in Britain.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rushman
What a crock of shit. You might be able to convince yourself you can live the rest of your life in a place where you're not completely at ease or happy but some of us are abit more honest and true to our feeelings. Furthermore, how is her kid better off in a country with no free healthcare, a general paranoia promoted by its own Government of things foreign and little knowledge or interest in other cultures? Compared to living in a country with free healthcare, true freedom of speech and thought and with Europe on the doorstep. Not to mention a currency that hasnt got its arse falling out of it.

I think the childs future would be far brighter and wider back HOME in Britain.
Probably thinks Britons live in Dickensian hovels and have to steal gentlemen's handkerchiefs to survive
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:56 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sally
Probably thinks Britons live in Dickensian hovels and have to steal gentlemen's handkerchiefs to survive
As opposed to living in Dickensian America where you have to steal a gentlemans handkerchief to use as a bandage because healthcare is so ****ing expensive.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:58 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Okay.... Rushie if you believe this, then why not move your family to England? I'm simply curious; I have no say in where my kids get raised, they get raised here. If I *did*, and I tend to share your opinion of the US, I'd be outta here.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Okay.... Rushie if you believe this, then why not move your family to England? I'm simply curious; I have no say in where my kids get raised, they get raised here. If I *did*, and I tend to share your opinion of the US, I'd be outta here.
For the same reason as you.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:24 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Well..... I'm indoctrinating them pretty well, as a family we've been watching Britain's Most Talented, none of us can stand the American version!

Eldest wanted a St George's cross flag for her bedroom wall and she got it.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:53 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Goodbye USA!

Originally Posted by Rushman
For the same reason as you.
Because you think it's important for children to be brought up to know their dad? Good for you.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:18 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Update: Got the divorce papers yesterday. Now to have them checked over by a lawyer, everything seems okay to me, but better to be safe than sorry.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Update: Got the divorce papers yesterday. Now to have them checked over by a lawyer, everything seems okay to me, but better to be safe than sorry.
Divorce?!?! Yikes Liz...this is moving along very quickly...are you sure you want to rush into divorce straight away?

All the best whatever you decide.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 10th 2007 at 8:32 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:31 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best Liz, hope all goes well
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, so quick! Can I ask, just how many pages there are to a divorce docment? Dont mean to be prying, but ive never seen them.(.....never been brave enough to get married actually) x
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:38 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Divorce?!?! Yikes Liz...this is moving along very quickly...are you sure you want to rush into divorce straight away?

All the best whatever you decide.
He filed, not me. There is no other solution, he's sure this is what he wants & I'm not staying here to please someone that's never around anyway. I'm not really into having a part-time husband & no family around, it's gone on for long enough.

To be honest, he doesn't seem to want us anyway. I never plan anything for his days off, so we can spend that time together. He worked on Thursday, had Friday & Saturday off, 10am Friday morning he tells me he's going to pick up some uniforms for work. 5 hours later he's not back, so I call to see if he's coming home to hang out with Tyler & he said he'd decided to go hang out with his family.

He came home 6pm Saturday evening, not one call in that whole time to say where he was or when he'd be home. Meanwhile, I'm sat at home telling Tyler that daddy will be back any minute. I won't make that mistake again.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:39 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Wow, so quick! Can I ask, just how many pages there are to a divorce docment? Dont mean to be prying, but ive never seen them.(.....never been brave enough to get married actually) x
About 20-30, some is just information though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.