Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Goodbye USA!

Goodbye USA!

Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye USA!

Originally Posted by homesicklysue
Of course I can, but is it the right thing to do? Should I put my happiness on hold for the sake of family unity.
I think we all have to make compromises and sacrifices for family unity. However, the commitment to live in a foreign country is a huge one and a lot of change -- more "compromise" than most couples have to make.

There's lots of discussion of these issues in the "Moving Back To The UK" section, though that section is rather divided between those who've made a definite decision and are looking for practical advice on how to move back, and those who are debating it, often disagreeing with their partners. It does tend to be the women more than the men who want to move back, but not in all cases, and the fact that the woman is often not working in the "new" country can make her isolated and bored.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

homesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I think we all have to make compromises and sacrifices for family unity. However, the commitment to live in a foreign country is a huge one and a lot of change -- more "compromise" than most couples have to make.

There's lots of discussion of these issues in the "Moving Back To The UK" section, though that section is rather divided between those who've made a definite decision and are looking for practical advice on how to move back, and those who are debating it, often disagreeing with their partners. It does tend to be the women more than the men who want to move back, but not in all cases, and the fact that the woman is often not working in the "new" country can make her isolated and bored.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!
Thank you, I think it wasn't the best idea to come on this site in such a low as I am right now, maybe I will come back when feeling a little brighter ......
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:23 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I think it wasn't the best idea to come on this site in such a low as I am right now, maybe I will come back when feeling a little brighter ......
No, don't go! We're here to help, cheer you up and listen to you moan.
Where are you?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there and welcome to BE.

Don't go...you know what they say...a problem shared is a problem halved. It may help you to stay and chat to us. Read through the threads...in the different forums...some are hilarious. Have you tried the Oz forum yet?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
No, don't go! We're here to help, cheer you up and listen to you moan.
Where are you?
Your avatar is enough to scare anyone away.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 28th 2007 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:25 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You're avatar is enought to scare anyone away.
I know. It's my hair isn't it?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I know. It's my hair isn't it?
The face doesn't help either.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

homesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to allhomesicklysue is a name known to all

Hello there and welcome to BE.

Don't go...you know what they say...a problem shared is a problem halved. It may help you to stay and chat to us. Read through the threads...in the different forums...some are hilarious. Have you tried the Oz forum yet?
thank you, I have just read a particularly bad joke somewhere else, i am just getting used to the different forums. I am trying the head in sand approach for a while, if I dont think about it and read bad jokes all is well with the world!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:31 pm
Who?

Right ...off for some botox.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thank you, I have just read a particularly bad joke somewhere else, i am just getting used to the different forums. I am trying the head in sand approach for a while, if I dont think about it and read bad jokes all is well with the world!!
I'm sorry to hear about your problem...I was extremely unhappy and depressed when I first came here. Have you tried St John's Wort? It really helped me...there are several threads in the UK forum about it. Try using the search feature at the top of the page...if you can't find the threads let me know and I will take a look.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Right ...off for some botox.
Good idea and a hairdresser.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:33 pm
Who?

Better?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Better?
Err...what about your original one...that won't scare away the newbies.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Better?
nice boat race !
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:42 pm
Who?

Err...what about your original one...that won't scare away the newbies.
This one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.