British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Go Hillary!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/go-hillary-406735/)

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 2:43 am

Go Hillary!!!!

She always brings emotional responses. :D

I think she's fantastic and I'd love to see her as my President. :p

I'm now opening the floor to a comprehensive discussion of Hillary Clinton. :cool:

Ray Nov 8th 2006 2:44 am

Re: Go Hillary!!!!

Originally Posted by Leslie66
She always brings emotional responses. :D
I think she's fantastic and I'd love to see her as my President. :p
I'm now opening the floor to a comprehensive discussion of Hillary Clinton. :cool:

Horrible slimy ugly old cow ....

Sally Nov 8th 2006 2:46 am

I like her

twelfthimam Nov 8th 2006 2:55 am

umm, i think she is a 'power' seeker. recently (past few yrs) she is very careful to not state anything too contrary to what middle america thinks, hence she supported and still supports the iraq war. she definetely hopes to court the center-right. as for president, whether she goes for it or not (and she has said she won't), i don't see america voting for a woman in 2008. maybe as vice though.

Jaxbar Nov 8th 2006 3:01 am

Originally Posted by twelfthimam
umm, i think she is a 'power' seeker. recently (past few yrs) she is very careful to not state anything too contrary to what middle america thinks, hence she supported and still supports the iraq war. she definetely hopes to court the center-right. as for president, whether she goes for it or not (and she has said she won't), i don't see america voting for a woman in 2008. maybe as vice though.

Well any politician is a power seeker and I dont see that her being a woman is the issue.

I like her by the way.

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Sally
I like her

She's very bright ... I like her too. :)

Kate2112 Nov 8th 2006 3:05 am

Fandamntastic woman!

Jaxbar Nov 8th 2006 3:06 am

So is it a woman thing ? Men are more concerned about her looks! Sorry Ray

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 3:14 am

I don't really think it's just about how Hillary looks. BE FAIR - She's certainly not some hideous monstrosity. She's a woman in later mid-life and certainly looks great on EVERY level.

I think that some BE men find her threatening ..... they are normally the older male posters among us. :p Many of the younger "hipper" male posters think she's quite fab. :cool:

Anyhoo .... it's always a fun debate.

Carry on ....

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
So is it a woman thing ? Men are more concerned about her looks! Sorry Ray

Easy way to dismiss a powerful woman.

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 3:18 am

If she runs for President ..... I may just sell the farm and go on the campaign trail :D

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:19 am

If she runs for President ..... I may just sell the farm and go on the campaign trail :D

she needs ya!

Jaxbar Nov 8th 2006 3:20 am

I think a lot of men have never experienced working for smart, savvy women. I have had the privilege of working for many so do not have that prejudice.

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:22 am

I think a lot of men have never experienced working for smart, savvy women. I have had the privilege of working for many so do not have that prejudice.

I'm feeling the Girl Power on here :cool:

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 3:23 am

Yeah, even if I didn't like them I still came away learning from them. :cool:

Ray Nov 8th 2006 3:25 am

American are not ready for a female president ...

A ggod thing for republicans .,...........

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Ray

strange as we used to think they led on women's rights.

TRPardoe Nov 8th 2006 3:28 am

I didn't know that you were intimidated by highly intelligent, wealthy, successful women.

Originally Posted by Ray
Horrible slimy ugly old cow ....

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 3:29 am

I'm feeling the Girl Power on here :cool:

I think this night has given us a shot of hope!! By "us" I mean "women". Let's face it... the Democratic party is the women's party.

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:30 am

I think this night has given us a shot of hope!! By "us" I mean "women". Let's face it... the Democratic party is the women's party.

:beer:

DollyLlama Nov 8th 2006 3:30 am

Homie my stud muffin thinks she is really nice ;)

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Ray

Miracles appear in the strangest of places.

cutina Nov 8th 2006 3:33 am

i agree... but i don't think she's very charismatic :( so that'll lose votes

NC Penguin Nov 8th 2006 3:33 am

Re: Go Away Hillary!!!! Stay in NY!

I say "go away Hillary!" There must be better Democratic presidential candidates than her.

I'm waiting for the first bisexual biracial aetheist Presidential candidate to step forward. This will be a great day for the US! :)

NC Penguin

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:36 am

Originally Posted by cutina
i agree... but i don't think she's very charismatic :( so that'll lose votes

You mean like the newscaster women? :scared:

Ray Nov 8th 2006 3:37 am

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I didn't know that you were intimidated by highly intelligent, wealthy, successful women.

Margaret Thatcher she is not ..................

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:37 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I say "go away Hillary!" There must be better Democratic presidential candidates than her.

I'm waiting for the first bisexual biracial aetheist Presidential candidate to step forward. This will be a great day for the US! :)

NC Penguin

Depends what his/her policies are

NC Penguin Nov 8th 2006 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Ray

At least your eyesight is somewhat sharp. Hillary is not like Margaret Thatcher but then again, Maggie can't run for US President so don't change the subject.

NC Penguin

Leslie Nov 8th 2006 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Ray

Thank God!!!

Jaxbar Nov 8th 2006 3:39 am

Depends what his/her policies are

Yep as wise old Tony Benn used to say policies not personalities or as my parents referred to him that bloody Anthony Wedgewood Benn :D

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:40 am

Yep as wise old Tony Benn used to say policies not personalities or as my parents referred to him that bloody Anthony Wedgewood Benn :D

Snap!

cutina Nov 8th 2006 3:41 am

You mean like the newscaster women? :scared:

:D

Sarah Nov 8th 2006 3:41 am

I like her very, very much and I think if she ran with Obama as vp she would have a decent chance. However the two things that worry me about her is that she voted for the war in Iraq and that she has big ties with WalMart, who I feel are a wart on America and I loathe them with every part of my being.
No ones perfect though, and if I'm a citizen in 2008 I expect to be campaigning for her with all my might. :)

cutina Nov 8th 2006 3:43 am

this is true, for people who think about their vote; but in reality a lot just go for personality... the one they 'like'

Jaxbar Nov 8th 2006 3:47 am

Originally Posted by cutina
this is true, for people who think about their vote; but in reality a lot just go for personality... the one they 'like'

Then I shall go blonde have that dermabrasian stuff and go into politics!
When they finally work out my accent they tell me I am charming :D
Oh and seriously before I conquer the world I am confused re which is more important house or senate? :o

Thydney Nov 8th 2006 3:52 am

The fact that anyone seeks power should immediately bar them from office :D

cutina Nov 8th 2006 3:59 am

Then I shall go blonde have that dermabrasian stuff and go into politics!
When they finally work out my accent they tell me I am charming :D
Oh and seriously before I conquer the world I am confused re which is more important house or senate? :o

conquer the pub; more important

Manc Nov 8th 2006 12:49 pm

I'll probably be a USC in 2 years.
I'd vote for her if she ran.

jen_andreson Nov 8th 2006 12:58 pm

I liked her very much in 92, and volunteered (as a uni student) on her husband's campaign. However, after watching her fail on nearly all her promises and watching her flip around on issues I no longer support her. She and her husband scrapped their health care plan from the budget to maintain a balanced budget, which was a significant mistake, as it was the only time that funds had been isolated...and that was the focus of their campaign/her role for 8 years. Do we trust her again? I will if she can present a working plan, and not just talk the talk.

She's just come out in favour of gay marriage, and has changed her stance on the war so she is saying and doing the right things. Let's just hope she can be crystal clear about her agenda and can stick to it. And, she's going to need to keep a clean slate on the corruption front, following the staff trouble/court cases her team have been involved with in recent years.

I don't think America will vote for a female, but only time will tell.

Rete Nov 8th 2006 1:04 pm

I'm with you on that. I've worked for women attorneys for all of my years of working in the field and have to say because of their gender they work harder, longer and have to be brighter and more intutitive than any male attorney if they wish to become partner and/or chairwoman as my attorney is.

Go Hillary !!!! She got my vote last night !!!!