Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting your heat on? :/

Wikiposts

Getting your heat on? :/

Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:04 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting your heat on? :/

Originally Posted by Bob
It's just about tipped 60F outside today....quite nice out.

Thinking it's the last day of T's and shorts though.
Heat's off for a while. It's 66F in my back garden now, a humid blustery day with rain in the forecast. Back to T-shirts for at least a day or two!

Actually, we're hoping to experience Indian Summer weather. But that doesn't come till after the first frost? (Not sure we've had a frost. I get up early and I haven't noticed one yet.)
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:15 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue

Actually, we're hoping to experience Indian Summer weather. But that doesn't come till after the first frost? (Not sure we've had a frost. I get up early and I haven't noticed one yet.)
I don't know what the official description is, but these days Indian summer usually refers to any spell of above-average autumn temperatures, whether there has been a hard frost or not. One can only hope!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:40 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We've been a/c free for a few weeks now, and even popped the heat on for 1 night last week, but this weekend I had to turn the ac back on! Had a bunch of rowdy farting 10-12 year,olds over for a game night and sleepover, and at 10.00 at night it had got up to 83 in the house! Not good, not good.....
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:22 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
We've been a/c free for a few weeks now, and even popped the heat on for 1 night last week, but this weekend I had to turn the ac back on! Had a bunch of rowdy farting 10-12 year,olds over for a game night and sleepover, and at 10.00 at night it had got up to 83 in the house! Not good, not good.....
We had the heat on for most of last well, hëll it even snowed on Tuesday night, which is unprecedented in November in these parts. But it was mild yesterday, I was wearing shorts and T-shirt working in the yard. By this morning it was already 70°F at dawn, and warmer outside than in the house. I opened the blinds this morning to get some warmth in the house, and hopefully even if the temperature drops we can do without heat for a few more days.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:48 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
We had the heat on for most of last well, hëll it even snowed on Tuesday night, which is unprecedented in November in these parts. But it was mild yesterday, I was wearing shorts and T-shirt working in the yard. By this morning it was already 70°F at dawn, and warmer outside than in the house. I opened the blinds this morning to get some warmth in the house, and hopefully even if the temperature drops we can do without heat for a few more days.
Mild here too in southern New England for the last few days. It's 60F here already at only 10 am after a week of highs in the low to mid-50s. But there's a change coming. Supposed to drop to back to 35F tonight and not get out of the mid-40s for the next few days. So after today, time to put the car back in the garage and nudge up the heat.

Horrible tornadoes reported through the mid-west yesterday, but we just had a lot of rain and wind overnight--now all is sunny and warm!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

We've had the heat on for one evening last week....haven't needed it since.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:17 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Yes, we're also in that 'confused' status! I've been switching between heat and cool in the past week or two.