Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting your heat on? :/

Wikiposts

Getting your heat on? :/

Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:04 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting your heat on? :/

No heat for us yet either. Maybe in the next week or two.
The pool has been getting a bit of heat applied to it though!
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:52 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure we've had the heat on in my house though I only pay the bills, I'm not allowed to actually change the settings or the wife has a fit
Old Oct 18th 2013, 1:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
..... I'm not allowed to actually change the settings or the wife has a fit.
Have you considered wearing some trousers? There would be two advantages, one of which would be that you wouldn't have needed the heat yet.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 3:47 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Have you considered wearing some trousers? There would be two advantages, one of which would be that you wouldn't have needed the heat yet.
It's funny you say that because one of the reasons we end up with the heat on is because my kids seem to have an aversion to trousers. They only wear them if they go out and take them off as soon as they get in the front door when we come home. I have absolutely no idea where they got that habit from either.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 8:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No heat yet...but the folks upstairs have their's on and the pipes go up through our apartment and they're completely unlagged, which is warming our place a little.

Still T's and shorts weather though, even in the mid 40's, so not to bad. Keep the hot weather clothes going for as long as possible and when you dress up, the winter doesn't hit you nearly as bad :/
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
No heat yet...but the folks upstairs have their's on and the pipes go up through our apartment and they're completely unlagged, which is warming our place a little.

Still T's and shorts weather though, even in the mid 40's, so not to bad. Keep the hot weather clothes going for as long as possible and when you dress up, the winter doesn't hit you nearly as bad :/
Mrs P caved at the end of last week, but into only took an hour or so to warm things up, and now it is mild again, and the heating is off. Yesterday evening the house was at 68° without any heat since Friday.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 5:31 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Your family is tough! We've now set the daytime thermostat to around 62 and it's come on once in a while. Night setting is 54 and even that has come on for a little bit in the middle of the night.

We're not wearing T-shirts and shorts, either, not by a long shot. As of last week, it's light jumpers & fleeces more often than not....

(High in the low 50s here today, but it may warm back up to the mid-60s on Friday.)
Old Oct 29th 2013, 6:11 am

Mrs P caved at the end of last week, but into only took an hour or so to warm things up, and now it is mild again, and the heating is off. Yesterday evening the house was at 68° without any heat since Friday.
..... 67° without any heat since Friday.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

26F outside this morning. My 8yo son didn't understand why I wouldn't let him wear shorts to school.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 6:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue

We're not wearing T-shirts and shorts, either, not by a long shot. As of last week, it's light jumpers & fleeces more often than not....
Also can't be arsed to get the legs and warms out of the basement...will have to do it this weekend I guess, but been a bit busy
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

The heat is on in my household been getting colder for a while now in La Crosse, WI. We have had a few frosts and it has snowed twice so far, but with the frost came fall....I have never seen 'raining' leaves it was awesome, most of the leaves fell off the trees in one day around here
Old Oct 30th 2013, 2:18 pm

..... 67° without any heat since Friday.
70° without any heat since Friday. .... Almost feels like we need the AC on, but that ain't gonna happen. It will be 4°-5° cooler by morning without any help.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 4:17 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We're still in the 70's during the day (outside) and approaching 80 inside. Ceiling fans running, but ac hasn't been on for a while. I nearly cracked it on this afternoon as it has been horribly humid today...worse than summer...but I had a shower instead. Today has been my first 4 shower day since leaving Singapore !!
Old Oct 30th 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

No heat here - was in the 80s until two days ago - but at least we're hardly running the air con now. This leccy bill is prophesied to be $150, compared to the $450 we were paying in July!
Old Oct 31st 2013, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

The gas fella is coming tomorrow to connect the heating, this means we should have whole house heating this weekend and not a moment too soon temps dipped into the teens a couple of nights ago and that white stuff is around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.