Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting a Maine driver's license and vehicle registration

Getting a Maine driver's license and vehicle registration

Old Oct 26th 2016, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a Maine driver's license and vehicle registration

Verizon postpaid roams on US Cellular so as long as you don't have prepaid it should be very similar?

When I was up in Maine a few months ago there was native Verizon coverage almost everywhere, with just small pockets of Extended 1x (US Cellular roaming) around parts of Acadia National Park.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 4:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_

When I was up in Maine a few months ago there was native Verizon coverage almost everywhere, with just small pockets of Extended 1x (US Cellular roaming) around parts of Acadia National Park.
It's because it's a tourist hotspot.

Elsewhere, hit or miss, whatever their coverage map actually says.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
I have no idea what the answer is to your questions - sorry.

But am curious and wondering where you're moving to in Maine, and wanted to say welcome.

I'm just north of Portland. It's wonderful here.
Kins
I have only been just across border from NH many years ago while in US Air Force. In looking at the Maine map central and northern Maine looks like an interesting place. Very sparsely populated with few roads, the kind of remote woods you could get lost in. Have you ever been up that far, wondering what it is like? I plan to visit Maine in not too distant future.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Kins
I have only been just across border from NH many years ago while in US Air Force. In looking at the Maine map central and northern Maine looks like an interesting place. Very sparsely populated with few roads, the kind of remote woods you could get lost in. Have you ever been up that far, wondering what it is like? I plan to visit Maine in not too distant future.
That sums up pretty much everything north of Portland.

Some lovely towns along the coast, some lovely little towns here and there and a lot of woods.

We've lived in Belfast on the coast and Casco, in the lakes district as well as out near Sugarloaf.

Great if you're into winter sports and hunting. If you go as far as Fort Kent, there really is nothing to do except hunt and drink. Or grow potatoes.