Florida

Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I love the summers here in NJ...but I hate the winter months.
I don't mind the cold, it's quite refreshing....do hate the snow, the cost of heating....and just hooooow long these winters last around here
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't mind the cold, it's quite refreshing....do hate the snow, the cost of heating....and just hooooow long these winters last around here
Yeah it's the snow that really gets you down. It wouldn't bother me if I never saw the white stuff again.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so not a fan of the extreme temps and weather conditions. One thing I miss living in ME in the complete absence of a proper spring. My kids do their Easter egg hunt in boots and down jackets, then all of a sudden the temp shoots up to 90! Some middle ground would be nice...
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

NicolaH is just really niceNicolaH is just really niceNicolaH is just really niceNicolaH is just really niceNicolaH is just really niceNicolaH is just really niceNicolaH is just really niceNicolaH is just really nice

Gosh i think I might be in Culture shock. We have green card so permanent residency.

New Yorkers living down here have said food is much better up North. I find the food here very salty. My daughter has lost a stone in weight. The Dr said she was too pretty and naive and must be careful mixing with locals.

It's too hot to go out and the beaches here in Brevard don't allow dogs!

I think I lost my sense of humour when a car smashed into the back of me and no one understands my humour! Oh and I don't know any expats here.

Thanks for everyone who helped x
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicolaH
New Yorkers living down here have said food is much better up North.
Quite simply, they lied.

My daughter has lost a stone in weight.
If I move to Florida, do you think that'll happen to me also? I could sure stand to lose a stone or two.

The Dr said she was too pretty and naive and must be careful mixing with locals.
The doctor is paranoid and, likely, delusional.

It's too hot to go out and the beaches here in Brevard don't allow dogs!
Too bad about the dogs, but it'll get cooler as we get closer to December - and then you can go to the beaches all you want.

Ian
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think I lost my sense of humour when a car smashed into the back of me and no one understands my humour! Oh and I don't know any expats here.

Thanks for everyone who helped x

It's a good job you've found us then.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good job you've found us then.
I went to college in Melbourne and met my husband there... whether that was bad for a young girl still remains to be determined! At this point, three kids later, looks like the damage is done.
Don't recall there being any lack of bars either, but that was a while ago, and we weren't very particular!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BellaE
I went to college in Melbourne and met my husband there... whether that was bad for a young girl still remains to be determined! At this point, three kids later, looks like the damage is done.
Don't recall there being any lack of bars either, but that was a while ago, and we weren't very particular!
Oh, and we would have loved to stay in Florida, but couldn't find jobs, so we settled in the Philly area. We are thinking of buying a house there and moving back (at least for the winters) one day. If we could afford it, we would probably spend some of our summers in Scotland to balance out the exposure to sun and rednecks.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:34 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I find the food here very salty.
Two things about this:
1. You've mentioned it three times now. I think people get it.
2. I'm enjoying the idea that all food in Florida, a state bigger than England and home to roughly the 19 million people from all over the world, can be summarily dismissed as "too salty". That's painting with a fairly broad brush.

To be fair, I don't really like most of Florida either.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Two things about this:
1. You've mentioned it three times now. I think people get it.
2. I'm enjoying the idea that all food in Florida, a state bigger than England and home to roughly the 19 million people from all over the world, can be summarily dismissed as "too salty". That's painting with a fairly broad brush.

To be fair, I don't really like most of Florida either.

One soloution for the OP would be to cook her own food.

If the salt problem is from fast-food restaurants then stay away.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
One soloution for the OP would be to cook her own food.

If the salt problem is from fast-food restaurants then stay away.
How does one go about this 'cooking' you speak of?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

How does one go about this 'cooking' you speak of?
First of all you need to be able to find the room that is called the "kitchen".

Once you have mastered that the rest is easy
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:55 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the task is carried out by one's wife.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I think I remember hubby mentioning there was such a room somewhere.

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
In your dreams sunshine.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk

You do not understand at all

I think I remember hubby mentioning there was such a room somewhere.
Well your task this week is to find it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.