Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Expressive Phrases

Expressive Phrases

Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:57 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsm
and not forgetting Bugger (it, this, or that)
Bugger, I forgot the 4th "B"....
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

My step daughter often tells our cat to bugger off. Ah, the English influence
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:19 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
Well b****r me backwards with a broomstick buttered!

Priceless!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expressive Phrases

I'm a "shit" person myself - use it lots.

Still use Bugger it, Bloody 'ell (American Neighbour now uses that one).

Have told AT&T and MCI Worldcom to **** Off before now, but my Mum's "I'll wash your mouth out with soap" threats seem to have worked in later years, and I don't feel comfortable using that one. Have to be really mad to say it! Usually prefer to say 'Sod You' or the one that I particularly like using over here - Piss Off - seems to go over their heads somehow
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:48 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expressive Phrases

Originally posted by ArsNo2
I'm a "shit" person myself - use it lots.

Still use Bugger it, Bloody 'ell (American Neighbour now uses that one).

Have told AT&T and MCI Worldcom to **** Off before now, but my Mum's "I'll wash your mouth out with soap" threats seem to have worked in later years, and I don't feel comfortable using that one. Have to be really mad to say it! Usually prefer to say 'Sod You' or the one that I particularly like using over here - Piss Off - seems to go over their heads somehow
LOL

especially that MCI worldcom one...they are very annoying and have had a few choice words with them myself.

Also calling a yank a wanker followed by the five knuckle shuffle hand sign usually baffles them really good and proper and have no idea what you are doing
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Yosser
LOL

especially that MCI worldcom one...they are very annoying and have had a few choice words with them myself.

Also calling a yank a wanker followed by the five knuckle shuffle hand sign usually baffles them really good and proper and have no idea what you are doing
AH! careful with that one - words getting around.

Son spent the first year or so over here telling ALL the school kids he was pals with what it meant, spent the rest of the time 'using' the expression - they're getting to know about it now, a few have taken exception

Hubby does a lot of explaining words at work - the 'Yanks' have a new toy now....

Rather surprised that following WW2 it didn't become -

The Yanks -- Over sexed, Over paid, and Over here, - WHAT YANKERS

Ouch
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:07 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Rather surprised that following WW2 it didn't become -

The Yanks -- Over sexed, Over paid, and Over here, - WHAT YANKERS
As far as I can work out that's because wanking, along with sex, wasn't invented until the 1960s.