Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Expressive Phrases

Expressive Phrases

Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Expressive Phrases

I am really surprised at all the swearing that seems to get by on this board. Over on BBCA if you say "crap", they blank it out.
Having said that it always makes me giggle when I see what some people have written, we Brits are so expressive with our language.

My favourite phrase is "**** Off", straight to the point, leaves you in no doubt as to where you stand.

What are your favourite phrases (hope we don't get banned for this) over on BBCA my subscription would be cancelled.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:54 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expressive Phrases

Originally posted by effi
I am really surprised at all the swearing that seems to get by on this board. Over on BBCA if you say "crap", they blank it out.
Having said that it always makes me giggle when I see what some people have written, we Brits are so expressive with our language.

My favourite phrase is "**** Off", straight to the point, leaves you in no doubt as to where you stand.

What are your favourite phrases (hope we don't get banned for this) over on BBCA my subscription would be cancelled.
Happy as a blind puff in a sausage factory

translation for americans

Happy as a blind Fag in a Kebasa factory

I think it is accepted most people on here are mature enough to handle the odd swear word

Patrick
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:02 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Well, to be fair... I'm on the fence!

I'm not offended and you'd be hard pushed to make me blush too!

I asked Paul about it and we agreed that censorship is as big an issue too! (my words not his)

We could put it to the vote... but in all honesty, we choose what we say and can ignore users of the 'f' word if we wish!

Personally my typos would raise more eyebrowsthan the occasional french if I didn't go back and fix them all the time!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind the odd swear word on here. But I do object to the manner that it is used in some cases.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:11 pm

I see your point there... But then again.... insults don't necessarily have to be a profanity! So where do we draw the line?

Calling me a twit is OK... but don't anyone dare say I'm not a real blonde!

If I wanted to call someone a wanker I would take it one on one and call them out privately. I just hope nobody upsets Patrick... we know how timid he is about those words!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Well, to be fair... I'm on the fence!

I'm not offended and you'd be hard pushed to make me blush too!

I asked Paul about it and we agreed that censorship is as big an issue too! (my words not his)

We could put it to the vote... but in all honesty, we choose what we say and can ignore users of the 'f' word if we wish!

Personally my typos would raise more eyebrowsthan the occasional french if I didn't go back and fix them all the time!
Sorry, did not mean to cause any controversy, you can remove it if you think it is too offensive.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:28 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I see your point there... But then again.... insults don't necessarily have to be a profanity! So where do we draw the line?

Calling me a twit is OK... but don't anyone dare say I'm not a real blonde!

If I wanted to call someone a wanker I would take it one on one and call them out privately. I just hope nobody upsets Patrick... we know how timid he is about those words!

I am passive aggressive, the trouble is I am too lazy to be passive. I find that verbally abusing people can be so easily misinterpreted as being a bad thing!

Patrick
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:35 pm

Originally posted by effi
Sorry, did not mean to cause any controversy, you can remove it if you think it is too offensive.
Nooooo, I hope you don't think that!

it's an open discussion of a topic just like any other one!

Glad you brought it up, now I've had the oportunity to explain why I don't edit the cussing out of anyones post!

I know the other forums (I've been banned from almost all of them too) You can't form your own opinion in most cases unless you are mindreading the group!

Be free, be honest... And cover your ears! ô¿~
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Nooooo, I hope you don't think that!

it's an open discussion of a topic just like any other one!

Glad you brought it up, now I've had the oportunity to explain why I don't edit the cussing out of anyones post!

I know the other forums (I've been banned from almost all of them too) You can't form your own opinion in most cases unless you are mindreading the group!

Be free, be honest... And cover your ears! ô¿~
Thats fine as long as some of our more sensitive posters dont mind having things like this said to them from time to time "What a pile of shit. Your a ****ing prick". I understand the problems of moderating a big board, as I used to do the same thing with a Vegas board similar in size to this one. I wouldnt go back to moderating an internet message board if you paid me!. Just much agro for no pay
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:54 pm

I'm not getting paid?

Just kidding... If anyone is offended they can PM me and I'll talk to both parties! All the reported posts so far have no swearing involved.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 5:04 pm
Pagan Sex God

We are all grown ups, why can't we all just get along without using profanity. I am sure that views can be expressed without having to result to offensive and derogatory comments about each other. If I can do I sure you bunch of dumb ****ing arseholes can do it!

Patrick
Old Nov 11th 2003, 5:41 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Well b****r me backwards with a broomstick buttered!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
Well b****r me backwards with a broomstick buttered!
Are you sure you were not a royal valet ?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:31 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I have found in various companys here in the U.S that I have worked for, that swearing is a big No No...I think we British really do swear and cuss alot more than most countries.

I find it really hard not to say my favourite swearwords in front of my co-workers, as I partically fond of the 3 "B's".

- Bloody Hell.
- Bollocks.
- Bastard.

F-You is a all time great, or though I do have some strange ones picked up in childhood...

"well suck my septic stump"....to name one of very many..
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Yosser
as I partically fond of the 3 "B's".

- Bloody Hell.
- Bollocks.
- Bastard.
and not forgetting Bugger (it, this, or that)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.