Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:20 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Thats because they go to church every sunday and their sins are washed away
Ahh, hypocracy - my favourite personality trait
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:21 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Before you read this please note that is in no way a comment on your neighbour (i know he worked in theindustry), but if you have a problem with this rapper you need to look at the grubby little b*st*rds in suits behind the scenes who have decided that this lifestyle sells well. Without the backing of record companies these guys will just sink back into the swamp from whence they came.
I always find it amusing how especially in the US people are very good at distancing themselves from the various nasty ways that they make their cash.

I see where you're coming from, but unfortunately its a capitalist society where people are free to use legal means to make money - but you are right, the record companies do help perpetuate this ghetto culture

just in case some people are unaware of what 'Tookie' did to land himself on death row...

Williams was convicted of killing a 26-year-old Los Angeles convenience store clerk in February 1979, shooting him twice in the back with a 12-gauge shotgun while the victim was face down on the floor.

Less than two weeks later, jurors concluded, he shot and killed an immigrant Chinese couple and their 41-year-old daughter while stealing less than $100 cash from their motel.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:26 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I see where you're coming from, but unfortunately its a capitalist society where people are free to use legal means to make money - but you are right, the record companies do help perpetuate this ghetto culture
There's a difference between something being legally right and something being morally right. And my real issue isn't with the immorality of it anyway (I'm no mary whitehouse), its with the hypocracy of the people in question as illustrated by Chorlton's post.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:09 am
Thinking about it

LATEST UPDATE:

Rumours of potential rioting planned for South Central when execution takes place according to FiveLive.

ANOTHER UPDATE:
Some silly woman on FiveLive now claiming that Arnie refused the appeal to win votes. Well, this might be true, but he also correctly applied the law. She admitted to being anti-death penalty but she obviously doesn't realise that this is not about the death penalty, its about the grounds for clemancy.

Last edited by BigDavyG; Dec 12th 2005 at 9:13 am. Reason: Another update
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:34 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Is he dead yet?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:12 pm
Thinking about it

6.5 hours to go.
The nancy grace show has a countdown on the screen.
Horrible show, horrible woman and this could be viewed as fairly tasteless in some people's opinion.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:48 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:17 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

True.
Without wanting to sound flippant he should have tried to have the law changed before he committed the murders. Like a man once said "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime".
I feel the same.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:18 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Can we noy move this to the Australia forum and wind up the nancies over there
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible show, horrible woman .
I'll second that.....she's got to be the world's most annoying woman!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I'll second that.....she's got to be the world's most annoying woman!
One of
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:31 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
One of....

......many
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

**** him, murdering scum bag.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:44 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Is it chair or needle??

Do the street lights flicker if it's the chair like in the movies?

If it's needle, I bet they swab his arm first.....to prevent infection
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rincewind
Is it chair or needle??

Do the street lights flicker if it's the chair like in the movies?

If it's needle, I bet they swab his arm first.....to prevent infection
Drugs, but does not say how they are being adminstered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.