Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Originally Posted by Wintersong
But surely if they're innocent then they haven't murdered any innocents...
Are you suggesting Tookie may have been innocent?
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:39 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
They dont matter. We just have to think about the poor misunderstood legally challenged (musnt call them criminals). They didnt mean to do it...society made them do it. They are good boys and girls really. If only they had the chance....

Yeah right. Funny how theres millions of impoverished kids brought up in lower class familes every year who dont turn out to be murderers and rapists. Bastards like Tookie will never be normal productive humans no matter how much they get or how many opportunites they are givent they will always turn to crime and murder.
Another good reason why you're not in charge.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
But they both take a life. My devils question is how can either recocile this with their conscience?

They see it as a life. I, personally, do not. A fetus before the end of the first trimester is not a life. It cannot live and function on its own. It is but tissue matter AFAIAC and I have the right to decide what tissue from my body can be removed.

As for murder, if I caught the person who raped my daughter I would have killed him gladly and served whatever sentence, even death, that the jury pronounced. Crimes against humanity and the criminals that commit them should not be treated with any special accordance. I would prefer to see the money spent for their housing, clothing, medical care, and food spent on the veterans who served their country proudly and on the senior citizens without means to obtain their medical prescriptions and the homeless that lost everything because they were out of work for the three pay periods that they were able to stash away.

Rehabilitation for criminals? Criminals do not want rehabilitation. They want freedom to roam the streets again and take what is not theirs because they feel they should have what you worked hard for. Murders like "Tookie" do not place a value on human life so why should we place a value on his.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:43 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Are you suggesting Tookie may have been innocent?
I have no idea, not having been present at his trial. The comment to which Rete had responded was not specifically about him.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:48 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
But what of all the innocents they have murdered. What of the family Tookie called and that innocent convenience store clerk? Their only guilt was being in the wrong place or having something that he wanted.
Tookie was a dirt bag and he got what he deserved. Shame that so much money and time was wasted dragging it out.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:50 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Tookie was a dirt bag and he got what he deserved. Shame that so much money and time was wasted dragging it out.
What should have happened? An afternoon in court then out to the gallows out back?
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:54 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
What should have happened? An afternoon in court then out to the gallows out back?
It can wait until the next day.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:15 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I would prefer to see the money spent for their housing, clothing, medical care, and food spent on the veterans who served their country proudly and on the senior citizens without means to obtain their medical prescriptions and the homeless that lost everything because they were out of work for the three pay periods that they were able to stash away.
Why can't we, the richest nation on earth, feed/clothe both prisoners AND vets/seniors/the homeless?

Because of the complete lunacy of funding a war no one wants? Because of blatant favouritism shown in paying and overpaying businesses awarded federal contracts?
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:17 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Why can't we, the richest nation on earth, feed/clothe both prisoners AND vets/seniors/the homeless?

Because of the complete lunacy of funding a war no one wants? Because of blatant favouritism shown in paying and overpaying businesses awarded federal contracts?
Please don't mention Ha**iburton, I was just chilling
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:23 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Please don't mention Ha**iburton, I was just chilling
I was thinking of Wackenslut, personally.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:26 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of Wackenslut, personally.
Who?
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:30 am
Lapine Member

Who?
http://www.eyeonwackenhut.com/

Meet your next heartburn.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:41 am

http://www.eyeonwackenhut.com/

Meet your next heartburn.
Aaaah, I remember, they guard the Liberty bell and Independence Hall in Philly, thought I'd sort of heard the name, last year it was another company, I'm sure.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:58 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Another good reason why you're not in charge.
Because I dont think they are poor misunderstood people that should have 3rd 4th and 5th chances to prove so? Do me a favour.

And in charge of what? And as opposed to whom? Because as far as I can see the people in charge (of whatever) seem just as clueless as you and me about what is right and wrong.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:22 am
Lapine Member

Aaaah, I remember, they guard the Liberty bell and Independence Hall in Philly, thought I'd sort of heard the name, last year it was another company, I'm sure.
And they overcharge for running private *prisons*. You know, where states send excess prisoners. They stand to gain financially by maintaining a high crime and recidivism rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.