Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

English food in the USA mostly Sausages

English food in the USA mostly Sausages

Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice
Default Re: English food in the USA mostly Sausages

Originally Posted by Brat1
They're looking for over $11 shipping for a 5lb box of sausages - do you think that's good or am I being stingy????
That doesn't sound too bad really. I'd like to order bacon and sausages and a couple of other bits from one of the many Brit supermarkets online but there always seems to be some sort of catch..such as having a minimum order,or having to order 10 or 12 of a certain item,or dry ice and shipping by air mandatory..by the time,you've added 2 packs of sausages and 2 packs of bacon,you're looking at upwards of $75...as much as l want it,it's a hell of a price to pay for some bacon and sausage,and l just don't want to spend that much.

l'm going to Vegas for a few days next week and l've found a Brit shop that l'm going to check out and hopefully buy some things to take back to TN. I'm sure they'll be well defrosted by then,but l'll risk it
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulinespens
I got some Bacon, Sausage, Black and White Pudding during christmas It takes 2 days for the stuff to get here via UPS ground shipping.

The packaging comes in Dry Ice and arrived nice and cold too. Considering the effort of the packaging I don't think $11 is too bad.
Where did u order from ? Wonder if they do 2 day shipping to TN. That keeps the price down a bit
Old Apr 17th 2011, 8:32 am
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of

If you look for the word 'links' instead of the word sausage in US supermarkets you will find they are in fact small pork sausages usually found in the breakfast section. Not 100% the same but not bad if you prepare them correctly.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

ldobson will become famous soon enough

I would recommend Myers of Keswick in NYC

http://www.myersofkeswick.com/produc...oods/sausages/

Having regulary ordered them, they are as authentic as I have been able to find here and they will ship Ground.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:37 pm
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of

Some supermarkets including 'The Fresh Market' chain also have 'Irish Bangers' which are large pork sausages.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Kroger stock their own brand of 'pork links' which are not too bad at all and remind me of English chipolatas.