Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

EB-2 Exceptional Ability

EB-2 Exceptional Ability

Old Jul 4th 2016, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

ZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB-2 Exceptional Ability

Hi,

Has anyone entered the US on an EB-2 visa under the 'exceptional ability' category?

And what was your 'exceptional ability' and circumstances surrounding your visa?

Thanks
Old Jul 4th 2016, 11:05 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB-2 Exceptional Ability

https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide...l-requirements
Old Jul 4th 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

ZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeT90 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Old Jul 5th 2016, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

tcburke is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. Received Green Cards for me, my wife and son late April 2016.
I petitioned on basis of my business work pioneering collaborative/partnerships with various governments and US and US Industry. Began with UK! while with UK mentored/helped Australia, Canada, then most recent working here for a multi-national airlift partnership based in Hungary. In my EB-2 petition I demonstrated the benefits to US National Interests: security, economy and jobs.

Took a long time building the partnerships, almost as long to get the Permanent Resident status!
Old Jul 5th 2016, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Currently in the process of applying based on my OH's 'exceptional abilities in software engineering/Internet security'. Ongoing for over a year: hard work and the lawyer's fees are not cheap (although I know a few academics who have filed without a lawyer and were successful - if you have many journal articles, citations and are working in research things are a little easier to prepare).

Hopefully ready to file by the end of this month and then the anxious wait begins.

Last edited by sherbert; Jul 5th 2016 at 11:26 pm. Reason: fat fingered grammar errors
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Darn, Zoe, you are hell bent on finding a loophole for entrance into the US. You know it is not a paradise here. The US workplace is one of the worse places to be employed. There is no job protection; vacations are usually one or two weeks a year; and minimal holidays. The culture is so different from the UK that you will be grieving because friendships will be hard to make. There is no pub culture. Food is overly sweet and bread sucks. Whatever makes you think your life will be better here then there? I just don't get you and this quest to come to the US. Stay where you are and make a life for yourself.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Darn, Zoe, you are hell bent on finding a loophole for entrance into the US. You know it is not a paradise here. The US workplace is one of the worse places to be employed. There is no job protection; vacations are usually one or two weeks a year; and minimal holidays. The culture is so different from the UK that you will be grieving because friendships will be hard to make. There is no pub culture. Food is overly sweet and bread sucks. Whatever makes you think your life will be better here then there? I just don't get you and this quest to come to the US. Stay where you are and make a life for yourself.
Yeah but Florida is like paradise innit? It must be by the number of wannabes who want to move there.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

...this post made me smile. Love ya Rete, you are a
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I am struggling with the point of this particular thread. OP has indicated elsewhere that they are about to commence studying business and accounting. It is going to take something quite spectacular to be deemed exceptional in business and accounting!
Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

WOW, how rude. Why does it bother people so much all the questions I have on different entries into the US. I am very aware of the difference to the UK as I have many friends in the US and I have visited on numerous occasions, and I don't really think it's any bodies business as to why I would like to make the move.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yeah but Florida is like paradise innit? It must be by the number of wannabes who want to move there.
And another.....jeez! Why all the snarky comments. If your don't have an answer to a question move on....
Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I must admit I am struggling with the point of this particular thread. OP has indicated elsewhere that they are about to commence studying business and accounting. It is going to take something quite spectacular to be deemed exceptional in business and accounting!
Hence the reason I'm asking so many questions.......
Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZoeT90
WOW, how rude. Why does it bother people so much all the questions I have on different entries into the US. I am very aware of the difference to the UK as I have many friends in the US and I have visited on numerous occasions, and I don't really think it's any bodies business as to why I would like to make the move.
I don't think it's rude, just trying to make you look at things from a different perspective - and interestingly, from an American's perspective.

From the outside looking in, it does seem as though you're making some odd choices. For instance, as the mother of an 11 year old with 2 weeks left at primary school who is heading to secondary in Sept, I can't imagine why on earth you would leave it this late to move unless you really had to - huge upheaval and the likelihood of a very reluctant child that won't want to leave their social groups and the education system they are comfortable with. But then as the mother of a 1 year old, you perhaps wouldn't be aware of just how disruptive moving her when older will be? So again, another perspective from one that is at the point you say you'd be moving - and who wouldn't consider it now for all the money in the world! If you're going to do it, the younger the better I would say.

BE is a forum, think of it as a pub where people just chat and 'shoot the breeze'. People are giving you opinions, just as they would if you suddenly announced your plans to move to the US in a pub, and it doesn't mean they are being rude. It's just chatting, and offering a different viewpoint for you to look at, that's all.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZoeT90
Hence the reason I'm asking so many questions.......
Which is great, research is good (I research everything to death, even what brand of pants to buy, so I get ya!). But as you've already been told, your chosen occupation isn't likely to lead to an easy visa, so I guess you need to decide if you are so determined to move to the US that you'll consider another degree/occupation, or if you'd rather stick with what you want to do and take your chances?
Old Jul 6th 2016, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I don't think it's rude, just trying to make you look at things from a different perspective - and interestingly, from an American's perspective.

From the outside looking in, it does seem as though you're making some odd choices. For instance, as the mother of an 11 year old with 2 weeks left at primary school who is heading to secondary in Sept, I can't imagine why on earth you would leave it this late to move unless you really had to - huge upheaval and the likelihood of a very reluctant child that won't want to leave their social groups and the education system they are comfortable with. But then as the mother of a 1 year old, you perhaps wouldn't be aware of just how disruptive moving her when older will be? So again, another perspective from one that is at the point you say you'd be moving - and who wouldn't consider it now for all the money in the world! If you're going to do it, the younger the better I would say.

BE is a forum, think of it as a pub where people just chat and 'shoot the breeze'. People are giving you opinions, just as they would if you suddenly announced your plans to move to the US in a pub, and it doesn't mean they are being rude. It's just chatting, and offering a different viewpoint for you to look at, that's all.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. To be honest we (my family) have only just recently decided we would like to make the move so this is all very new so I have soooooo many questions. If we had the resources now to move trust me we would get the ball rolling immediately. The reason I would move when my daughter finished primary school is because she could finish primary, do all her exams etc. and then (hopefully) go straight into middle school so she is not being taken out mid way or joining half way through (if you know what I mean)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.