Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Does state ID have address on?

Does state ID have address on?

Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:38 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does state ID have address on?

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Identity theft. If she holds proper ID, not faked, then it protects her and the company. She could be using someone else's ID and credit card to establish an account for free service. It's rampant in case you didn't know.
The company is interested in protecting itself. I don't really think it gives two hoots about her.

Friend of mine discovered someone had taken out a Discover card using his SSN but a different name. When he called Discover to ask them to close the account they refused since the card holder was paying the bill on time. Took an attorney's letter before they acquiesced.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Identity theft. If she holds proper ID, not faked, then it protects her and the company. She could be using someone else's ID and credit card to establish an account for free service. It's rampant in case you didn't know.
she could STILL be doing that anyways... steal someone elses ID.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:06 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
she could STILL be doing that anyways... steal someone elses ID.
With HER picture on it? It's not impossible but it's much more difficult to present that than a credit card that she's acquired from dumpster diving. It's not fail proof but it make is increasingly more difficult to commit fraud.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

What rubbish - I'm sure she has a passport they could use as a GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.. just not a local one, so some idiot won't do it. And you're trying to sign up to give them money? I'd tell them to shove it.

Yes, state ID definitely has address info... it's proof of residency as well as identity.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:21 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
What rubbish - I'm sure she has a passport they could use as a GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.. just not a local one, so some idiot won't do it. And you're trying to sign up to give them money? I'd tell them to shove it.

Yes, state ID definitely has address info... it's proof of residency as well as identity.
It also proves that you live at the place that's receiving the equipment. Quick question Melly, I know you are renting your flat, does it provide you with permission to mount the Dish on the exterior? I know that there are some cases with renting you can not make any modifications to the property. I also know there are some rentals that have deals with certain installers that will allow you to place a dish on the balcony or off to the side of it.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:47 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

It also proves that you live at the place that's receiving the equipment. Quick question Melly, I know you are renting your flat, does it provide you with permission to mount the Dish on the exterior? I know that there are some cases with renting you can not make any modifications to the property. I also know there are some rentals that have deals with certain installers that will allow you to place a dish on the balcony or off to the side of it.
ye we can mount a dish no probs. and I will learn to drive just not yet!! I cant even cross a road let alone drive on it, and i am totally skint!!

and direct tv are (i believe) GHEY!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:50 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by mellybrown
ye we can mount a dish no probs. and I will learn to drive just not yet!! I cant even cross a road let alone drive on it, and i am totally skint!!

Well go for it. Learn to drive in a car park and then progress to something else. That's where I learned. Plus having my parents there made me feel better about braving the streets. It's nerve wrecking but you'll start to like it and it will actually be fun. It is for me.

Enjoy your Dish!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we determined it's "teh ghey"?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:23 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I thought we determined it's "teh ghey"?
damn

ok

its teh ghey!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

With HER picture on it? It's not impossible but it's much more difficult to present that than a credit card that she's acquired from dumpster diving. It's not fail proof but it make is increasingly more difficult to commit fraud.
what, a photocopy that you send them? how are they to know that's you?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:17 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Bob
what, a photocopy that you send them? how are they to know that's you?
You picture ID will have your address on it. This occurs when the tech comes out to your house to install it. Not when you make the initial order on the phone.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

sloulamp is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to go get my state ID today, but am moving on monday and dont yet have anything that shows my name and new address.

Does it have your current address on it, or is it just name and photo???
Mine does, I'm in VA
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You picture ID will have your address on it. This occurs when the tech comes out to your house to install it. Not when you make the initial order on the phone.
I've never had them asking for a photo ID...you must be a bit more shifty
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:22 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Bob
I've never had them asking for a photo ID...you must be a bit more shifty
Depends on who you're dealing with. The Dish guys are all independent contractors and may not follow the same policies set forth.

As to being shitfty.....watch me, lol.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:50 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

You picture ID will have your address on it.
But not necessarily the address you live at - some states won't send you a replacement card when you change your address unless you specifically asked for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.