Divorce

Old Dec 3rd 2011, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Phillygal is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Divorce

Originally Posted by cindyabs
The pension issue- normally a military pension may be considered community property and split. However, the split will NOT exceed 50/50 unless the military spouse is behind on support. Also you have to be married 10 years.
This is untrue, you can only be paid directly by DFAS if you have been married for over ten years, less than that he will have to pay you directly and if he is paying child support/alimony it is no more than 65%

I used the retirement check card and I won, he got his bimbo and I get half his retirement when he retires next year, it is amazing what they will give up to get what they want in the long run.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 11:43 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce

Originally Posted by Phillygal
This is untrue, you can only be paid directly by DFAS if you have been married for over ten years, less than that he will have to pay you directly and if he is paying child support/alimony it is no more than 65%

I used the retirement check card and I won, he got his bimbo and I get half his retirement when he retires next year, it is amazing what they will give up to get what they want in the long run.
I was fortunate in one thing, he offered me the 50/50 split saying that I had earned it. I did indeed put my time in, and I was a damn good Army wife, so. You are correct, when the little head overrules the big head, ah yes, then................

Anyway, 13 years later he may well regret his generosity- supporting wife #3, a 5 year old and 3 mortgages......

karma's a bitch sometimes.

Last edited by cindyabs; Dec 3rd 2011 at 11:48 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 2:05 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I was fortunate in one thing, he offered me the 50/50 split saying that I had earned it. I did indeed put my time in, and I was a damn good Army wife, so. You are correct, when the little head overrules the big head, ah yes, then................

Anyway, 13 years later he may well regret his generosity- supporting wife #3, a 5 year old and 3 mortgages......

karma's a bitch sometimes.
That should be "5 year old grandchild," although I can't say anything about a wife #3 since I am that wife . . . . . but several years after the divorce And it's more like we're supporting each other.