Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Difficult to make friends in America?

Difficult to make friends in America?

Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Difficult to make friends in America?

Originally Posted by Montfan72
Yes that's right! I've forgotten it's name...'Champy' or something isn't it?
Yes, a friend of my dad's saw it.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:54 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yes, a friend of my dad's saw it.
What did it look like?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:59 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRG67
What did it look like?
long neck little head
Old Dec 12th 2012, 1:44 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cindyabs
long neck little head
Sure he wasn't talking about his dick??
Old Dec 12th 2012, 2:36 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm beginning to understand why.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
I have read on this site how some British have not always had an easy time connecting with Americans in America.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:50 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I think I'm beginning to understand why.

Regards, JEff
Fortunately the socially ... ahem... " challenged " ones you read on here only represent a small minority.
But you're quite right.

Last edited by Cuthbert Rizla; Dec 12th 2012 at 8:00 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Fortunately the socially ... ahem... " challenged " ones you read on here only represent a small minority.
But you're quite right.
Are you making fun of us cos we is working class? You posh tw£t!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:27 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JRG67
Are you making fun of us cos we is working class? You posh tw£t!
A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.
Good come back
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:36 pm
Banned

However, please refrain from the sickly tautologies of The Prophet!!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Ukrainian will become famous soon enough

I'm going to America very soon. Advise me please, how to develop your english?
Can I walk up to everyone and beg to chat with me ?

P.S. I'm sorry my english
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Walking up to people one does not know and asking to talk is not a good idea.

Most school systems in the USA offer adult education classes, usually including classses in English. Other organizations may also provide English classes for immigrants. Ask around to find out what's available in your area when you get here.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Ukrainian
I'm going to America very soon. Advise me please, how to develop your english?
Can I walk up to everyone and beg to chat with me ?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
I'm going to be in Maine on Saturday. Where should I go for sex, drugs and rock n' roll?
The drugs are everywhere, but I wouldn't want the sex or the rock n roll
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
I'm going to be in Maine on Saturday. Where should I go for sex, drugs and rock n' roll?
Whereabouts in Maine? There's a lively music scene in Portland and some nice pubs. Ri-Ra, Brian Boru and Gritty McDuffs are nice brew-pubs with a Brit vibe.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Ukrainian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Walking up to people one does not know and asking to talk is not a good idea.

Most school systems in the USA offer adult education classes, usually including classses in English. Other organizations may also provide English classes for immigrants. Ask around to find out what's available in your area when you get here.

Regards, JEff
Thank you very much. But it's probably very expensive. Can you tell me how much is a lesson?
roughly speaking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.