Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Originally Posted by RaiseTheDead
I'll hang around for a few minutes to read your responses to this.
Bugger off
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:40 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Haha very funny...don't worry I will never forget my roots.
You wont have to forget your roots....you can see them as you waft pass in your Jaguar up to your mansion at top o' hill.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
next he'll be drinking iced tea.
Better iced tea than sweet tea, no? Hmmm ... iced tea!
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
You wont have to forget your roots....you can see them as you waft pass in your Jaguar up to your mansion at top o' hill.
I have a Ford.
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

people in the UK don't walk around with a rod up their ass
and when people in the UK say (have a nice day) they MEAN it.
When people from the UK share conversation you can tell by the look in their eyes that they are genuinely interested in what you have to say.
When sharing conversation with Americans I seem to get the feeling that they are thinking what can I do for them.
I maybe dead wrong and I am still trying to figure it out but after 22 yrs of living in the states it does not seem like it's changed
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You like the bread???!!!??? FFS!!!
I bet when you see stuff like that you want a smiley that slaps its own head too right?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:42 am
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice

Tetleys is pretty good..It's definitely an iquired taste..
See you guys later..I got 1000 reputation points..
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:43 am
Account Closed

I have a Ford.
Dont you mean "I can a ford" LOL
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:43 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

wearing white socks, smiling at everyone while cursing them behind their back, extolling the virtues of Bud Light, and telling us all to have a nice day.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:44 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

How long have you got? Over rated/ over priced healthcare system. Constantly hearing this is the land of the Free yet I never get to see any bare tits on TV and your cops are like robots with pre recorded answers. The food comes in family sizes for individuals and a family pack looks like a NATO air drop for a starving nation. Most US citizens are completely world ignorant and blindly assume because it's American it's the best in the world when in actual fact it's basically crap (Your cars for instance). The 18th century religious mentality of small town rural USA. The Bread, Bacon and beer here all suck beyond belief and theres nowhere near enough gratituitous sex and nudity on TV.

Hey! Nice summary of life in Australia!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:44 am
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice

Originally Posted by psb182
people in the UK don't walk around with a rod up their ass
and when people in the UK say (have a nice day) they MEAN it.
When people from the UK share conversation you can tell by the look in their eyes that they are genuinely interested in what you have to say.
When sharing conversation with Americans I seem to get the feeling that they are thinking what can I do for them.
I maybe dead wrong and I am still trying to figure it out but after 22 yrs of living in the states it does not seem like it's changed
Try not to be so judgmental PBS..You might be reading them wrong..
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fatbrit
wearing white socks, smiling at everyone while cursing them behind their back, extolling the virtues of Bud Light, and telling us all to have a nice day.
Ha! I drink Newcastle
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:45 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I bet when you see stuff like that you want a smiley that slaps its own head too right?
Just one that puts its head in the gas oven and then shoots itself in the head just to be sure would do just fine.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:46 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by RaiseTheDead
Ha! I drink Newcastle
What is this weird "I'll have a Newcastle," I hear here. If you can't tell us how to order it properly, you ain't British.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:48 am
Septicity

I have a Ford.
The poor arrived in Fords, whose features they resembled.
They laughed to see so many lords and ladies all assembled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.