Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Now I've envisioning Adam Sandler. Only time I've ever heard that expression. I'm gaining quite a vocabulary today ... and to think ... it was just last week that I was on the phone, heard the term "lorries" and was proud to realize that my contact was talking about a truck.
Stick around kid....we'll have you swearing like a docker and laughing like a drain in no time.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
No need for that...just stop mentioning the Margarine Club in Sheffield
I heard that.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Rushman - you were away to see a movie were you not? Anything good?
I wanted to try an sit through the whole of Fahrenheit 9/11 this time.......fell asleep again and got elbowed off the couch.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:18 pm
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice

I wanted to try an sit through the whole of Fahrenheit 9/11 this time.......fell asleep again and got elbowed off the couch.

I saw that 4 years ago?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Stick around kid....we'll have you swearing like a docker and laughing like a drain in no time.
Alas I have no idea what either of those terms mean, but there's time.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RaiseTheDead
Don't worry about me..I'll be fine..I've been living in the states for 3 years..If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere.. I thought the thread was about the difference in cultures and I wanted to warn anybody thinking of coming over here that they need to toughen up first..Be prepared because these Yanks don't pull any punches..
Here begineth the first lesson of BE.

Take no notice whatsoever of the thread title as the subject will no doubt go from the original topic, through to breasts, farting, womens problems, penis size, muslim extremists and back to breats again before the thread has even reached 5 ****ing posts.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:21 pm
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice

I just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with a tall glass of icee cold milk..Delicious! What are you guys eating?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

I saw that 4 years ago?
I saw half of it 4 years ago....then the same half again 6 months ago....an d the same half again tonight. I fall asleep through it.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should mention that. I watched part of "Bowling for Columbine" this morning. It really makes you (or me at least) think. I was discussing it with my father who said "the problem with Michael Moore is that he doesn't offer a solution, he just stirs up a bunch of controversy and walks away".

But I think that's the point - opening dialogue. I'll have to store away some of those statistics for my next argument with my FIL.
Account Closed

I just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with a tall glass of icee cold milk..Delicious! What are you guys eating?
Right now? The wife.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Funny you should mention that. I watched part of "Bowling for Columbine" this morning. It really makes you (or me at least) think. I was discussing it with my father who said "the problem with Michael Moore is that he doesn't offer a solution, he just stirs up a bunch of controversy and walks away".

But I think that's the point - opening dialogue. I'll have to store away some of those statistics for my next argument with my FIL.
But atleast someone here has the balls to stand up against the establishment and make a point and god knows the US Gov need to get out of this mindset they have that they are accountable to no one.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I was discussing it with my father who said "the problem with Michael Moore is that he doesn't offer a solution, he just stirs up a bunch of controversy and walks away".
The first step of the cure is to admit you've actually got a problem and define it. The vast majority of the electorate are so far up their own arses they haven't even managed that yet. MM is there to help.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I saw half of it 4 years ago....then the same half again 6 months ago....an d the same half again tonight. I fall asleep through it.
The most boring film I've ever seen...even worse than Groundhog Day.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

You are to be congratulated....you very first thread on BE has already amassed 20 pages. On my very first thread I think I was called a twat and told to piss of by Ray in the second post.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:27 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The most boring film I've ever seen...even worse than Groundhog Day.
Don't worry. It doesn't affect v. rich people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.