Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:59 pm
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice
Default Re: Differences between UK and USA culture/living

Originally Posted by britvic
I've never heard a Yank swear except of course OH Sailor mates, and before they really knew me they was full of apologie's bless em
You never heard a Yank swear? Where do you live in an Amish community?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RaiseTheDead
Sure you would have Rushman...Mr Tough internet talker..lol

I live in Chicago -Everybody talks like that here..If you arent double tough, then you won't survive here..Nothing I learned growing up in the UK prepared me for this dog eat dog world..They eat guys like Rushman for breakfest here
I dont think so Where's our Big Davy he lives there and not that I can recall has ever said a bloody word on said subject.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

You never heard a Yank swear? Where do you live in an Amish community?
Newport news Virginia and it can be pretty ruff around here, like I said those I have met might let the odd word slip because they know I can swear for England
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Sure you would have Rushman...Mr Tough internet talker..lol

I live in Chicago -Everybody talks like that here..If you arent double tough, then you won't survive here..Nothing I learned growing up in the UK prepared me for this dog eat dog world..They eat guys like Rushman for breakfest here
Would they? I survived 30 years of the East End well enough......one big city is the same as the next big city when it comes to bravado. I'd be more weary of some guy that didn't say much than some arsehole shouting and hollering that I'd took his cart while he was having a piss.

Obviously you have never lived in a big city before and are intimidated easily. You'd probably be better off back in Pratt's Bottom.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Just this morning I was shopping at a local "grocery store" and inadvertently grabbed someones buggy when they were using the rest room. The man came out and said "what the F### are you doing!", then he said "Get the F*** outta here" and retrieved the buggy from me.In the UK the guy would have just went and got another buggy, or maybe have said "excuse me sir" and politely ask for it back..The UK is much more civilised..I don't think thats even debatable.

lol - should have heard my husband being "more civilised" to the parking attendant at SeaWorld a week ago.....
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:10 pm
Banned

RaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really niceRaiseTheDead is just really nice

Listen Rushman..I trained and fought out of the Butter Market Club in Shrewsbury. I can use me mitts..

You would have said "yes sir, i'm sorry sir" and handed over the buggy.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Listen Rushman..I trained and fought out of the Butter Market Club in Shrewsbury. I can use me mitts..

Thought so.....had you marked for a "lightweight".
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh no he wouldn't
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
lol - should have heard my husband being "more civilised" to the parking attendant at SeaWorld a week ago.....

I'm proud that the UK is more civilised..You louts act like you're proud to get down in the gutter with the trash? Nothing could be more senseless..It's as if you are arguing that you are bigger degenerates than the Americans are?

Let me tell you something..In your cases- you'll get no argument from me!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm proud that the UK is more civilised..You louts act like you're proud to get down in the gutter with the trash? Nothing could be more senseless..It's as if you are arguing that you are bigger degenerates than the Americans are?

I've not met very many British that wouldn't stand up for their rights in some way. And thanks for the compliment......I'm proud to be a degenerate......kind of makes me feel all tingly inside or something......
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

So, Mr Shrewsbury Golden Gloves champion.......I guess that when this guy gave you a mouthful you just meekly handed him his cart and walked to the front of the store and got another.

Far from being a degenerate..I don't give anyone undeserved shit and I don't take anyones either.

If Mr Chicago had walked out of the restroom and said something like "Hey Buddy, thats my cart you've got there" or something equally polite (in the US sense of the word) I would've apologised and got another. However, like I said, if he gave me a mouthfull straight off the bat then he can either kiss my arse for his cart or I would go toe to toe in the supermarket. I wouldnt let him think I was some pussy that he could just shout down.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I've not met very many British that wouldn't stand up for their rights in some way. And thanks for the compliment......I'm proud to be a degenerate......kind of makes me feel all tingly inside or something......
I'm not so insecure that I have to impose my will on everyone around me, or brag about how tough I am on the internet..Sounds like you 'people" have been thoroughly americanized..While I have maintained my dignity..
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I would have told him to fluck off and asked to see his receipt.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not so insecure that I have to impose my will on everyone around me, or brag about how tough I am on the internet..Sounds like you 'people" have been thoroughly americanized..While I have maintained my dignity..
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.