Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A delicate subject ...

A delicate subject ...

Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cuckoofrommars
Well it's not like colored poo-paper is brown with yellow specks is it?

Still, at least we have toilet paper. I remember on my travels being told to "use the jug of water." Give me a lemon-wet-wipe anyday.
An Indian (asian Indian) I know said one of the things she misses most when she is in india visiting rellies is proper toilet paper... she told me over there these use a cloth that they rinse after each use (i didn't ask if it was shared or not). I guess we should be thankful for TP even if it is white only.

Ash
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:45 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
An Indian (asian Indian) I know said one of the things she misses most when she is in india visiting rellies is proper toilet paper... she told me over there these use a cloth that they rinse after each use (i didn't ask if it was shared or not). I guess we should be thankful for TP even if it is white only.

Ash
no offence, but thats gross.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
no offence, but thats gross.
Yeah I think so as well... thats why i am saying we should be grateful we have TP

Ash
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be scratching Goa off my 'places to go' list me thinks.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Who knows it may only be a native thing... hopefully. Although when she was telling me she was talking about visiting her grandmother... so maybe it is an old way too
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:28 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to some places in Texas were they don't have blocked bog problems, cause everyone wipes, then puts it into a wastepaper basket right beside the crapper.

Nothing like going for a whiz and looking at matey's remains of his breakfast staring you in the face:scared:
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:11 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
on white bog roll...

at least you can see clearly when you're errr...clean.

I remember when I was in the army cadets, we had 8 sheets of "goverment property" toilet paper in our 24 hour ration packs, thing was it was like tracing paper, so it would smear rather that wipe, so after a few days of that, the 'ol song "ring of fire" came to mind.

Now you may be asking "8 sheets" not enough, but the idea was to tear a hole in the center, stick one's finger through it, then shove your finger up yer jacksey, then pull the paper down and clean the finger. Luckily after eating the Brown AB biscuits, you were stopped up for days, so we never got to try that method out!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
I remember when I was in the army cadets, we had 8 sheets of "goverment property" toilet paper in our 24 hour ration packs, thing was it was like tracing paper, so it would smear rather that wipe, so after a few days of that, the 'ol song "ring of fire" came to mind.

Now you may be asking "8 sheets" not enough, but the idea was to tear a hole in the center, stick one's finger through it, then shove your finger up yer jacksey, then pull the paper down and clean the finger. Luckily after eating the Brown AB biscuits, you were stopped up for days, so we never got to try that method out!
You know this must be a guy thing, cause I would just die if I couldn't wipe properly. In fact sometimes I want those wet tissues. Between washing my hair and wiping myself, if I wasn't able to do any of these I'd die of mortification. Don't stick me out in the d%&n jungle!!!!!!!!!!!!
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:57 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Or you could be radical and take some bog roll
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:59 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Originally posted by monster
Or you could be radical and take some bog roll

Oh, and ziplock bags to bung it in for disposal if you care enough not to offend the locals/bung up their bog.

professional camper regards....
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:23 am
Just Joined

sicilyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: err...

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
You couldn't flush your turds in London?

you must have turds the size of texas

I am surprised then how NYC has survived yours with the amount of crap you come out with
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:52 am

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was in college my room-mate Ben would use pages from the Bible that the University leave for every student. He seemed to relish in it.

Apparently the uber-rich of old would use the neck of a swan. Odd as that sounds it's far more appealing to me than re-using a rag that every filthy 'erbert has used to scratch their kidneys with.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:25 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Re: err...

Originally posted by sicilyman
I am surprised then how NYC has survived yours with the amount of crap you come out with
you forced me to rip you to shreds on the 'help me I'm feeling used by a Russian' thread...do you insist that I destroy you on this one too?

Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:31 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

do you insist that I destroy you

I dunno why but I can picture you in checkout lines at the supermarket screaming that at the cashier.

CASHIER: Er, sorry but this coupon has expired.

CHRIS (wearing gloves and stroking a cat): Do you insist that I destroy you?!

CASHIER: Sorry?

CHRIS: I could crush you like a bug you peon!

Honestly, next time somebody tells me I can't do something I am going to say that.

Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:56 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by cuckoofrommars

I dunno why but I can picture you in checkout lines at the supermarket screaming that at the cashier.

CASHIER: Er, sorry but this coupon has expired.

CHRIS (wearing gloves and stroking a cat): Do you insist that I destroy you?!

CASHIER: Sorry?

CHRIS: I could crush you like a bug you peon!

Honestly, next time somebody tells me I can't do something I am going to say that.

just make sure you follow it with an evil laugh...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.