Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dalglish on channel 7

Dalglish on channel 7

Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:09 pm
  #1  
Thinking about it
Thread Starter
 
BigDavyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 9,435
BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dalglish on channel 7

Not kenny, but his son paul, playing in the MLS final for houston.
Might watch is, but given that the MLS is generally pish I prob won't.
Interestingly the opposition (new england) are managed by former liverpool fat man stevie nichol.
BigDavyG is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:40 pm
  #2  
A lion in your lap
 
elfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Sparta NJ
Posts: 7,605
elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dalglish on channel 7

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Not kenny, but his son paul, playing in the MLS final for houston.
Might watch is, but given that the MLS is generally pish I prob won't.
Interestingly the opposition (new england) are managed by former liverpool fat man stevie nichol.
Those of you who are bothering to watch may have spotted that rarest of things - a Bruce Arena smile. I had previously thought he might have had the necessary facial muscles surgically removed.

And has anybody else noticed that's Paul Mariner sat next to Steve Nicol on the Revolution bench?

Last edited by elfman; Nov 12th 2006 at 8:43 pm.
elfman is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:51 pm
  #3  
Thinking about it
Thread Starter
 
BigDavyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 9,435
BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dalglish on channel 7

Originally Posted by elfman
Those of you who are bothering to watch may have spotted that rarest of things - a Bruce Arena smile. I had previously thought he might have had the necessary facial muscles surgically removed.

And has anybody else noticed that's Paul Mariner sat next to Steve Nicol on the Revolution bench?
Just flicked over there but its half time.
Talking about getting beckham over here and expanding the league to 16 teams in 3 years with another team in NY.
I've seen pics from a Red Bulls game and there was about 5 people at it - would another team really work ??
Have to say the new Fire stadium in Chicago is pretty nice but its in the back of beyond which can hardly help attendances.
BigDavyG is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:56 pm
  #4  
A lion in your lap
 
elfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Sparta NJ
Posts: 7,605
elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dalglish on channel 7

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Just flicked over there but its half time.
Talking about getting beckham over here and expanding the league to 16 teams in 3 years with another team in NY.
I've seen pics from a Red Bulls game and there was about 5 people at it - would another team really work ??
Have to say the new Fire stadium in Chicago is pretty nice but its in the back of beyond which can hardly help attendances.
The Red Bulls are suffering from something of a backlash at the moment - a lot of fans boycotted the team when Red Bull took over and changed the name etc without consulting the fans. I hadn't heard that they wanted to put a second team in NY - the next expansion team is going to be in Toronto, and I had heard that places like Seattle, Cleveland, Philadelphia and Atlanta were in the running for the next places.
elfman is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:03 pm
  #5  
Thinking about it
Thread Starter
 
BigDavyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 9,435
BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dalglish on channel 7

Originally Posted by elfman
The Red Bulls are suffering from something of a backlash at the moment - a lot of fans boycotted the team when Red Bull took over and changed the name etc without consulting the fans. I hadn't heard that they wanted to put a second team in NY - the next expansion team is going to be in Toronto, and I had heard that places like Seattle, Cleveland, Philadelphia and Atlanta were in the running for the next places.
It was a specific question for the MLS dude and he seemed quite keen on the idea of NY.
However he also stated that they would be looking for more downtown stadium locations (apparently that will be the case in toronto) which would kind of rule out NY in that respect I suppose, unless they want to play in Central Park with jumpers for goalposts.
Seattle would seem to be a good location.
BigDavyG is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:05 pm
  #6  
Bob
BE Site Lead
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 91,772
Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dalglish on channel 7

so people do watch the mls then eh?
Bob is offline  
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:25 pm
  #7  
Thinking about it
Thread Starter
 
BigDavyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 9,435
BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dalglish on channel 7

Ohh - penalty shootout
BigDavyG is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.